Contact form broken with particular permalink structure

- What version of PHP is running on your server? If it is PHP4, get PHP5 enabled
- Is it e-mail via a plugin, or the core wordpress fileset? If it is a plugin, back up the data base, deactivate the plugin, reactivate it and try again. If this doesnt woerk, uninstall it, and download the plugin again. Reinstall, activate and try again

PHP Version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.7

Its the core email php function. Interestingly I can send a test email through another contact form, and when I create a preview contact form page, that works too, but as soon as I publish the page, the new form also fails to send email. Its as if my permalinks are breaking it.

PHP Version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.7

Its the core email php function. Interestingly I can send a test email through another contact form, and when I create a preview contact form page, that works too, but as soon as I publish the page, the new form also fails to send email. Its as if my permalinks are breaking it.

May mean the DB is slightly corrupted. You could:
1. export your posts
2. do a clean install of WP
3. import your posts and drop on the templates
4. reset the plugins back up

Try resetting it back to what you had and see if it works now. I've never heard plugins braking because of permalink structure. If a plugin relied on permalink structure I find it hard to believe that it would make it into the official Wordpress plugins directory.

Sometimes all it takes is deactivating all plugins and reactivating them again. In fact, when you do a Wordpress upgrade you are recommended to deactivate all active plugins before running the upgrade process.

I use /%category%/%postname%/ for my permalink structure. You don't need the index.php. Take it out and try again and let me know what happens.

Also, in your General Settings, your wordpress url shouldn't have index.php in it, if that's what you have take it out of there.

lol. Honestly, I'd try and use the form plugins to avoid that sort of thing. It might be going into the spam folder because it thinks someone is spoofing your website. Does your form use any form of SMTP authentication when sending out emails?

Oh. Just a suggestion, but if you have a gmail account you can use the gmail smtp authentication and have emails being sent to you from your contact form using your gmail address.

Back