Contax T2. Anyone know anything about them?

Edit My Images
Yes
A very god customer of mine has handed me a Contax T2 film camera and asked what I know about them. I know nothing!
This is in it's original lined and padded box, complete with original and unused carry pouch and all original paperwork. Strap is still in it's bag and it has never had a film run through it. Champagne I think they call the colour. Carl Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/3.8 lens on it.
Has a battery in it, which will switch the camera on. Battery compartment is clean and free from any corrosion. The body looks about as mint as you can get.

So as I know nothing about these and have enough unused film cameras of my own can anyone in here help?

Simple question really...is this any good? Was it any good in it's heyday?
It's a nice compact size for film buffs to carry in the pocket, but would anyone want to?

He tried trading it in for a Fuji X-T100 but the shop laughed at him; well they would, wouldn't they?
Is there a market for these things other than e-Bay and if so will it realise anything at all, or should it just be binned?

Don't bin it!
It's a very good camera with a Carl Zeiss lens, worth about £250.

Almost a point and shoot but one of the very best point and shoots ever made. Never used one but they are apparently top notch and, as Ken says, worth in the mid to high £200's.

^^^WHS^^^ Nice little point and shoot and there seems to be a following for them. Don't know why the shop wouldn't take it as part ex, he should try Camera World or LCE.

Thanks guys. The shop he tried (Wilkinsons) has a bit of a reputation for offering next to zilch for trade ins. He was offered (I think) £25 or £50 if he bought some unspecified extras. Bit of a rip off.
As I'll have to do the leg work for him do Camera World and/or LCE trade through the internet? Like MPB do?
He's happy for me to sell, and if I got him those sort of sums he'd be well pleased.

Last edited:
That is a superb camera. I used to have a Contax TVS (similar camera but with zoom, I believe) and that was excellent too.
Just unfortunate that it has been overlooked in the move to digital.

Your best bet is to sell on the bay as,mentioned above, a trader will knock the price down so they can make a profit.

Wow, that Ffordes price is impressive! Even 60% of that would be nice!
I've sent a mail to Camera World amn amd expecting a reply.
LCE would buy it other than P/Ex and even then they would only offer £20/30!

I'm glad it is thought of as a good camera; my customer will be pleased!

Thanks for all your help guys.
I phoned LCE and was told that they wouldn't buy it outright but would accept it as part exchange on a new camera. They would offer me £20/30. Expletive deleted!
I have been in touch with Camera World and they have offered me - unseen - £225. Of course they have to agree with my description of the quality, but that's a more realistic figure. My customer has told me to go ahead so he's a happy bunny.

Once again thanks. Couldn't have done it without your help.

Back