Continous Shots for D90

You're doing better than me - I can't even work out how to gt it go into Continious shoot mode after a brief play with my new one last night! Only works in Sport mode - is that right? What if I wanted to use it in Manual????!! lol

It depends if you have a lot of options set for picture control, for example Active D Lighting etc. If the camera has to make a lot of changes to the file as you shoot, it'll slow it down.

I have nikon d40x and continuious dont work if flash is on.

this might or might not help.

You're doing better than me - I can't even work out how to gt it go into Continious shoot mode after a brief play with my new one last night! Only works in Sport mode - is that right? What if I wanted to use it in Manual????!! lol

Hold down the button with the remote & timer symbal next to it & move the dial until you get 'L' or 'H' (y)

I have nikon d40x and continuious dont work if flash is on.

this might or might not help.

it won't work because the flash cannot recycle fast enough. but that depends on how much the flash need to output...if your environment is not too dark and if the subject is also close the max sync speed is 1/200 so it does work to an extent (your battery might get hot and die). but if the flash need to output full power then no way jose it will continuously shoot, cos your flash will take a second or 2 to recycle.

forgot to mention you have to have flash gun, and the above also applies

I just tried turn off High ISO NR and Active D-Lighting!
Also I use Standard Picture Control!
Large JPEG Fine only has r13 continuous shots!
But Small JPEG Basic has r99 continuous shots!

Anyone still know why is that?

thats to do with the buffer size. every camera has a fixed internal memory...the camera will fill that up first during continuous and then write to the cards

to answer your question, the basic jpeg is around 2m in sizes so and the fine ones are around 10m in sizes. thus the number of shots can be contained is limited...before the camera has to write to the card. thus the faster the card speed, less the recycling time..but that's probably not possible for SD cards...where CF cards are 30 times faster in data transfers

Yeah, i might say r13 but try it ! you can get way more than it says. Just hold your finger down & count (y)

That is 13 shots untill the buffer is full.

It does not take into account the data that is being written out to the card.

Back