Continuing to try and master the Macro lens

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive been practicing using the Macro lens again and trying to get the subject fully in focus with the limited DOF. Quite a few of my recent images have lost a bit of focus somewhere on the body, even though the eye has been in focus.

I took ages over this one, coming in at different angles, trying to keep the composition and light "right" as well as trying to get everything in focus. Good job they were at it for longer than I could be :D

This is the best of the bunch. C&C welcome as always

4788941331_d187662400_b.jpg

This is great - love the detail and composition. Have you tried posting it in the macro section - might get more feedback there?

I think your perseverance has paid off very handsomely, Nigel.
Excellent shot in all respects.

The composition and subject isolation with the simple background, with a crisp subject really make the shot Nigel

Well you've nailed that one for sure, it's a beauty. When dealing with macro and narrow dof you need to lay the focal plane just right to get the best out of it, crack that and you are halfway there.

Great shot spot on

Thanks Mal (y)

Very good Nigel, the detail is amazing, and the dof is spot on, blends in nicely with the shot. I need to get one of these lenses, its amazing how mundane things can look interesting using macro.

Once you look through a macro lens, it's a whole new world. Challenging to do, but I'm finding it very rewarding on the occassions I get it right

Back