Convert PDF file to JPEG

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
can I convert a PDF file jpeg ? if so how ?

I've been asked to alter the wording and print a funeral card (4 sheets per card 8 sides) which is in pdf format.
Which is better ? print the PDF file or convert to jpeg for printing on photo paper.

If you google convert .pdf to .jpg Adobe have one which looks to be free

Hi all,

I've been asked to alter the wording and print a funeral card (4 sheets per card 8 sides) which is in pdf format.
Which is better ? print the PDF file or convert to jpeg for printing on photo paper.
If you are using a Mac it is very easy. Open the PDF document, and then in the MENUS at the top click on FILE > EXPORT and change the FORMAT to JPEG.

If you have Affinity Photo, then it will open a PDF and export as a JPG. It aslo allows editing of the text in many circumstances.
A free 30 trial is available.

Hi all,

Altering the wording of the PDF may be more difficult than you imagine....

Have you successfully edited the PDF yet?

Hi all,

It’s a bit of an odd request. Since the person who’s asked you hasn’t altered the wording in the original document before creating the pdf it sounds a bit like they are trying to reuse an existing document.

As @toohuge implies, there are potential difficulties. Apart from the editing it could be password protected to prevent copying or editing.

I'd ask if it was possible to have the original document. If you look at the properties of the pdf you should be able to see what application was a used to make it.

...and likely the person asking has downloaded a template off the web but doesn't want to pay for its use.

...and likely the person asking has downloaded a template off the web but doesn't want to pay for its use.
I was trying not to say that!

The I love pdf app for iPhone and iPad offers PDF to JPG
Which pdf app?

Actually iPad (and I assume iPhone) “prints” to pdf natively.

Thank you all for the replys.
I have used the snipping tool (Windows 10-11) Pasted into Photoshop saved has jpeg.
What I really wanted to do is delete some of the words in the PDF file is that possible ?

It would be better to get hold of Affinity Publisher (other makes are available) which can edit most PDFs

Affinity Publisher is great, but beware if the fonts aren't embedded in the pdf, you can get odd font behaviour.

Last edited:
Have you got photoshop? That'll do it. I can't remember the exact details but you can export the image directly, with our without the additional text, without the loss of quality you'd get from the snipping tool.

*edit: assuming the text exists as separate layers in the pdf.

I downloaded a App PDF X (There are others) which allowed me to remove text from the pdf file.
Nice to know about being able to save in Photoshop.
Thank you all for your help/advice.

Back