cooor blimey missus!..its all going off at ocuk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really apologise if it seems that that is what I have done in posting. I'm not using this forum as a vechicle to air my views on ocuk. I just need a new home :)

No probs - I wasn't aiming the comment at anyone in particular. Feelings are obviously running pretty high and it's understandable, but we just don't want any inter board blood feuds starting starting over it.... I bleed far too easily. :D

I also want to post some of my work from now on (which I didnt tend to do at ocuk).
Nothing stopping you Kemo Sabe.... get posting! ;)

just picked up on the fact that colin da killer has been banned!...(talk about slow!) he made a valid point and that was that. Colin is probably one of the top 5 PHOTOGRAPHERS ever to grace ocuk. Are they mad?!!!

soon it'll just be full of people posting ducks and asking what 16MP point and shoot can they get for under £50!!

wasnt having a pop at you earlier scuzi but it seems you are wearing two hats at the moment...

We all have to start somewhere! :p

precisely what i mean...they are loosing nearly all of thier experianced photographers. Whereas before you had people like Colin for landscapes, SDK and later JoeT for motorsports, pete for his unique style etc...if they are not careful the forum will really loose out

What the hell, why worry? Let them lose them, not your loss :)
Most of them are here anyway, so you still get to see their shots.
Edit: And obviously their expert opinions.

if they are not careful the forum will really loose out

They weren't careful with GD and they lost the best from that. They weren't careful with Consoles and they lost the best there too. I can't see them, well Spie, being careful with Photos either as you've already seen. As soon as I saw his name go on the mod list for that forum that was it for me.

Come on guys - the bogey man is gonna take a giant dump on this thread! :D

Come on guys - the bogey man is gonna take a giant dump on this thread! :D

Wish I'd had the camera with me when I was away this week. We were at a conference thing for the environment and this wee dollybird and her pal were walking about dressed as a giant turd and a fly respectively, felt really sorry for them :LOL: :LOL:

Wish I'd had the camera with me when I was away this week. We were at a conference thing for the environment and this wee dollybird and her pal were walking about dressed as a giant turd and a fly respectively, felt really sorry for them :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: I wonder how they got that job? I can see the application thing in the jobcentre now...

"Wanted : Giant turd, or fly.....uniform provided"

Sorry :) I'm not saying anything that's not true though. At worst I'll lose my account there and thats no problem.

Whereas before you had people like Colin for landscapes, pete for his unique style etc...if they are not careful the forum will really loose out

Never really looked at JoeT's pick (Motorsports are not my thing), but some of Pete's and Colin's works are inspirational. Infact i regularly refer people to Pete's HDR tutorial.

Hi, just wanted to say hello to all the new members and I hope you enjoy your time here as much as me :) :wave:

looks like I'm gone too :razz:

been said at least once already, this thread will not be used to create friction between forums.

some of us were at the other forum a long time ago and ventured off to pastures new under less than happy circumstances.

I would suggest this thread is allowed to die and things returned to normal. If your new here from OCuk welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here and let the past go.

:)

I am a member of OcUK and to be honest at the moment the treatment of some people has been appauling especially the photography forum which I use regularily. I can see the comp never reaching it's former glory unfortunately.:(

I am really curious though morgan, what did you do?

EDIT: And hi everyone from OcUK!:wave: :)

I am really curious though morgan, what did you do?

EDIT: And hi everyone from OcUK!:wave: :)

he mentioned a site that told a few home truths about overclockers.

wont link to it as its not worth looking at to be honest, and this is not the place

wont link to it as its not worth looking at to be honest, and this is not the place

ooh PM the details i love a good gossip :)

I would suggest this thread is allowed to die and things returned to normal. If your new here from OCuk welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here and let the past go.

:)

no probs

but to explain why i left, my post on the other forum read (thanks to pete for saving it):
"
New Judge Needed
well after a very interesting email link to a site called c**kers , it seems that the true ocuk has been revealed...and its not pretty.

Members spoken about like dogs and a general two fingers in the air to everyone unless they are a don.

Cheers for the advice and inspiration chaps but this isnt the sort of place I want to be hanging out in. I'm taking by business elsewhere. "

thats about it. now can we move on!

I dunno, it wasn't all rubbish, there were a couple of interesting threads on why some people left. Having said that most of them were just down right nasty and whoever wrote a lot of them need to get a life:puke: . (last time I looked there was in january though.)

And morning all.:LOL:

OK fellers. Welcome to all the new members - we hope you find a home here you like. :wave:

I'm now closing this thread - hope you all enjoy the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back