cooor blimey missus!..its all going off at ocuk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cautious:

We don't like forum wars ;) But we do allow people to relax on our forum to discuss relevant topics without the fear of being banned, suspended, or banished from the internet forever.

Just bear it in mind please would you chaps :)

OOHHH, Hello

Fancy meeting you two here :)

didn't take long for the suspensions to get dished out, Colin Da Killer is the latest. I was sussed this pm for stating a few home truths.

So your banned now..:LOL:

Welcome to a friendly forum..(y)

i used to like OcUk forums the time before it got hacked.

But that spie is a dictator. i got banned for 7 days for mentioning a competitor.
It was the bloody crucial.co.uk site and i was asking about their compatability :shrug:

What's all this talk about "other forums" :thinking: someone's having a giraffe aren't they :LOL:
Paul ;)

I could vent my anger the way that forum is run but for the sake of keeping the piece on this friendly forum I will say nothing..:|

Do your talking with your legs... Stay away..;)

I find myself visiting OcUK less and less nowadays, the photography section has gone a bit downhill. Looks as though the photocomp run there is heading the same way.

Pete - interesting to read what happened to you from your blog entry today

Can we have less mention of that forum please..........it still makes me shudder :eek:

I find myself visiting OcUK less and less nowadays, the photography section has gone a bit downhill. Looks as though the photocomp run there is heading the same way.

Pete - interesting to read what happened to you from your blog entry today

Me too, one good thing about it though, I found this place via it. Talk photography is a much better place to visit and also spend much more time here :) . Will have a dodge over though to see whats going on.

I wasn't really going to say anything because I didn't feel I needed to, but after being properly banned for saying nothing more than I'm a fish it really takes the goats cheese. Having been on the other side of the fence I've seen a lot of nonsense over the past year that I'm not going to talk about but basically this hasn't taken me by surprise at all.

pete. we havent got on much, in the past I havent been a fan of your ego or your style but thats just me and my opinion. I've never tried to hide that. I really admired much of your pre hdr work and I've let you know that.

What I saw from the dons room posts from you (and your friend) didnt really shock me but it was interesting to read all the same.

Just read your post on your site. Firstly nice one for having the balls to admit what you said 2 years ago was wrong, and you are right, you have moved on, and it was 2 years ago. (not that it didnt stop you stalking the place :) )

Anyway enough soppy stuff. water under the bridge and all that. Think we all agree spie is a schmuck and I for one will be using dabs from now on. (kind of regreting spending £2,500 at ocuk in jan now! - and they screwed me on shipping...the buggers...bah!)

Pretty much ditto. Not sure why its happened but it seems we've both developed this odd issue with each other. I'm happy to leave it on OcUK and move on here :) I haven't really been stalking the forum, if I was I'd log out. I don't join in though. Its not a place I want to anymore. I chat on IRC all the time and many members do chat in channels I'm on so I do click the links and read the thread so I know wtf they're on about :D

There isn't anything anyone can say anyway (realise that while having a shower :p) that'll change whats been done, the competition has gone, long live the comp !

Pretty much ditto. Not sure why its happened but it seems we've both developed this odd issue with each other. I'm happy to leave it on OcUK and move on here :) I haven't really been stalking the forum, if I was I'd log out. I don't join in though. Its not a place I want to anymore. I chat on IRC all the time and many members do chat in channels I'm on so I do click the links and read the thread so I know wtf they're on about :D

nice one. lets move on.

I got banned, within about 10seconds of posting a reply.

I got banned, within about 10seconds of posting a reply.

Was thinking about joining in, but thought better of it. Did notice the case of appearing and disappearing posts though :LOL:

Aye, was good fun :p

Proper insane modding going on over there, like hawks, I tell you

That thread will be 10x the size if people were not scared to get banned, it feels like you are treading on waffer thin ice when posting in that thread.

I used to use OcUK but I got fed up of the whole dictatorship. Havnt posted there for atleast a year now. I believe Hoodi sent me this way, mind you I havnt see him around here lately. Unless he uses a different name and I have forgotton it,...?

I wouldnt venture back to that forum either. Its all little bit snobby, brown nose I am better than you.

Big it up yall.

King.

???
There are other forums???
???

Phew! I exhausted after reading what's been going on. I echo Oldgit's words ??? There are other forums???

I am happy with this forum and during my time here, I have never felt uncomfortable about posting my opinion.

TP is unique in its friendliness. This does really need a group:hug:

I believe Hoodi sent me this way, mind you I havnt see him around here lately. Unless he uses a different name and I have forgotton it,...?

BOO!

I am about, honest :crying:

I read more than anything though at the moooment - 90% of what I've shot as of late is film based... And by the time I get to most threads anything I want to say has been said already! :LOL:

ocuk is a horrible, horrible place :|

How on Earth do a bunch of people who came together in the first place for the love of a common pastime end up at such loggerheads??? :shrug:

I thought there was something peculiar going on over there recently and never figured out what it was. After seeing what's going on there today I just can't be bothered with it any more. Doesn't seem like the wisest of business decisions by Spie either to start peeing off so many regular customers.

All good in the end though as, although I've not posted much yet, the topic based photography forums are much better here.

Pete, interesting to read your blog today. Made things a lot clearer about what's been going on there.

Omg, how many of you lot are there?:eek::wave: Yeah , the photography section over there really is going a bit silly at the moment. Hope the competitions still carry on though.

How on Earth do a bunch of people who came together in the first place for the love of a common pastime end up at such loggerheads??? :shrug:
People seem to be afraid of change for the better. I'm sad to see some members have taken it personally.

Hope the competitions still carry on though.
They certainly will, hopefully better than ever :)

People seem to be afraid of change for the better. I'm sad to see some members have taken it personally.

I don't think its the change that people are bitter about(And hopefully it will be for the better), but the manner in which that change was enforced upon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back