Copyright infringement. Or not?

Name
^^^^^
Edit My Images
Yes
This concerns photos I posted to a closed (but not hidden) group on Facebook related to one of my hobbies. A local shop that sells items for this hobby has then downloaded some of my pictures and put them into a collage, a deliberate act rather than a simple "repost", and posted them on their page. They're not using the post to sell the goods in the pics but they are products and people associated closely with their shop. They've not credited me even though they know me from my original post. It's not the first time they've taken my pictures and used them to promote their shop.
I know FB doesn't own my pics but how does it work when another user takes them, alters them and then posts them?

They are clearly in violation of your copyright. You have two choices. If you really do not like what they have done, tell them to destroy the collage. If you do not object that much, bill them.

Have you tried contacting them and letting them know you're unhappy? Also, are there any rules on the group that say they will re-use photos posted to it?

I've not contacted them yet and there are no rules on the group re photo usage. I don't know if the shop account is members of the page but their employees definitely are.
It's not a huge deal, more annoyed at not crediting me or asking permission. It's not like I'm a pro loosing money on the situation, but still.

It might technically be copyright infringement but don't post them on facebook of all places if you aren't effectively putting them in public domain.

Back