Copyright watermark

Name
Lawrence CLIFT
Edit My Images
Yes
It has just become apparent that some of my motorsport images are being used on a foreign website with THEIR logo!!! Obviously I've asked him to remove them, but he's saying taht his English isn't that good and that he doesn't understand! Anyway, my question is, can somebody reccomend a free watermark download please? Thanks.

LAWRENCE

I personally would see if his English is good enough to understand an invoice or a solicitor's letter.

Andy

I had a similar issue a while back. Other let them know I decided it was more hastle than it was worth to persue it, chalking it down to experience but added watermarks from then on.

I use Lightroom and the Mogrify plugin, I do my PP in NX2 (I'm most comfortable using that) then import the folder to lightroom, export using mogrify which i've setup to resize the files, add a border and the watermark. Files are then ready to upload to my website. Realy easy to setup and use (y)

If you have CS5 theres a watermark panel bult in, otherwise check out Russel Browns website about 3/4 way down is a digital branding tutorial (quicktime video) that'll tell you how to make an action.

If you have CS5 theres a watermark panel bult in, otherwise check out Russel Browns website about 3/4 way down is a digital branding tutorial (quicktime video) that'll tell you how to make an action.

I think that he's got PS CS from what I can see in the Exif data Wayne; ie the original CS ver!

Lawrence, one of the easiest ways to watermark is to create a Brush Preset in PS (or get LR3 of course! :) ).

Import or create your watermark in PS (turning into a B/W rendition first is a fairly good plan) and then Edit->Define Brush Presets.

You now effectively have a stamp available under your brush settings that is quick and easy to apply, although it is a manual process which is hard to create an action for.

I think that he's got PS CS from what I can see in the Exif data Wayne; ie the original CS ver!

Lawrence, one of the easiest ways to watermark is to create a Brush Preset in PS (or get LR3 of course! :) ).

Import or create your watermark in PS (turning into a B/W rendition first is a fairly good plan) and then Edit->Define Brush Presets.

You now effectively have a stamp available under your brush settings that is quick and easy to apply, although it is a manual process which is hard to create an action for.

Thanks Mark, I'll give it a go.

You can apply custom shapes and text using "record action" in CS2, and there is a copyright symbol in the custom shapes library. I'm not sure if this is available in CS, but you can check.

If you create a copyright notice using the symbol tool and add your own text onto a new layer using black. You will need to rasterize your type layer and if CS makes a new layer for the type, merge it with the copyright symbol. Change this merged layer blend mode to Hard Light. You can record this action and apply it to any of your photos.

For a copyright symble in photoshop ALT+ 0169 in text

Last edited:
I use FastStone resizer, it's great free download.

Faststone Viewer here. Batch options to do a whole folder in one go.

Open Faststone then
Press F3
Batch Convert tab top left if not already selected
Advanced Options
Watermark tab
Click Checkbox to open all the options
Apply your chosen watermark to selected photos

Faststone Viewer here. Batch options to do a whole folder in one go.

Open Faststone then
Press F3
Batch Convert tab top left if not already selected
Advanced Options
Watermark tab
Click Checkbox to open all the options
Apply your chosen watermark to selected photos

Thanks for all of the replies. I've downloaded TSR Watermark image which re-sizes, add's watermarks is free, and seems to tick all the boxes at the moment. Thanks.

LAWRENCE

Digimarc? Isn't it in previous versions of CS too?

No digimarc is a paid for service, theres a watermark panel (not in filters in extensions) thats simple easy and better still free to use, it adds either text or an image as a watermark with lots of options built in.

5153645003_e110ee07ca.jpg

I think Andy nails it with the invoice or a solicitor's letter idea. Watermarks can be removed, unless you pretty much ruin the picture with them. A foreign website might think they wont get caught, after all they already know they are stealing them now!

Wayne - have you got a help file in the watermark panel dropdown menu (next to the W in your screengrab)? Presumably there isn't one because it's a third party add-in (pressing 'help' in the menu just opens a blank page).

Wayne - have you got a help file in the watermark panel dropdown menu (next to the W in your screengrab)? Presumably there isn't one because it's a third party add-in (pressing 'help' in the menu just opens a blank page).

Yes I have a help option, along with save settings, resets and a few others, the help file should take you to a video file. it's about 15mb, without checking I think it's the same one as Russel Browns site.

It's working now Wayne (it's very slow to open so maybe I wasn't waiting long enough :thinking:).

On my machine (Windows 7) Help in the watermark menu goes to C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\Watermark.html. 'Watermark.html' is only 1kb. It doesn't say shortcut in properties but it must be one - anyway, it opens a Quicktime movie on this page http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/watermark_help.mov

Back