cor blimey !!!

Edit My Images
Yes
trying to get my photo mojo back, I decided to get some B&W 120 films.

Just been looking about and ohmegosh haven't the prices gone mad very quickly :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sure I was paying a couple of quid a roll, only a year or so ago :thinking:

Yep you were :LOL:

What sort of films are you looking for? this guy has some pretty good prices for Ilford films including Pan F and Delta. Link

What sort of films are you looking for? this guy has some pretty good prices for Ilford films including Pan F and Delta. Link

Hi

Thanks for the link

I quite liked the ILFORD DELTA 3200 , the link you sent is £5 a roll. I used to pay £2 delivered ! (7day)

I am most surprised at the increased prices !

I maybe will just get what ever I can - even colour, and dev it as B&W.

I like the high ISO as we have cr@p light most of the time here in the UK !

Rich

7day dont even have ilford listed any more

It's not a case of not wanting to pay, it's more disbelief in how the choice and prices have changed so quickly !

postal price hikes don't help ether :thumbsdown:

I my do more 35mm to start off with, and keep 120 for "as and when" I find the right film and right price. Also, the right location to justify shooting.

My aim is to make a 5x4 camera soon, but the sheet film has gone up too !

It seems to be an even more "considered" sport ... this film shooting (y)

7dayshop and Ilford didn't get along - 7dayshop were unhappy with the increase in wholesale prices from Ilford, and decided to not stock their brand anymore.

Details from a representative of 7dayshop on this post at APUG: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1078262

(obviously that's 7dayshop's view of it, and Ilford's may be different - just providing what I know and could find)

Last year my uni photography society put in a bulk order with Ilford and they gave us their trade prices, even so the prices weren't massively competitive for 120, the 35mm stuff was fairly well priced though

PanF in 120 was around £3.50 a roll direct from Ilford
In 35mm it was £3.25 i think

So 7DayShop wouldnt have had much of a chance to make a profit on it and still sell it competitively

Thanks for the comments guys .. it helps to explain a bit

I'll start a new thread as to where I go from here ! ???

Back