Cor!

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
OK then.... Caw!

4336_58125318346df8e2c02912.jpg

I went to Cannock Chase a couple of weeks ago after I found out they have a bird feeding station there. According to the ranger I spoke to there are huge numbers of Bramblings, and good chances of seeing Yellowhammers, Bullfinches and Swallows.

The bad news was they don't start feeding till the winter months so there weren't many visitors - just this guy wondering where the grub was.

This was at 1000mm and at least 80 feet. Not the best shot in the world, but it shows what a difference it makes when the bird is a bit bigger than the usual.

Well caught..exposure is very good and can still see the definition in the feathers.

You were right the first time CT ... Corrrr!!!! (y)
I love these birds, never see enough of them here.
80ft too .... Im well impressed!

Hmmm! Cannock Chase .... not too far from me :naughty:

Rather good that. Tho I've never seen an 80ft one ... how far back do you have to be to get it all in?

You have to smile - I was well off the public footpaths and dug into what cover there was, so it would be pretty obvious I was engrossed in what I was doing. It didn't stop a procession of visitors coming over.

"I bet that lot cost a few bob!"

"Is that one of them digital cameras"

" Do you do this for a hobby"

:bonk:

Rather good that. Tho I've never seen an 80ft one ... how far back do you have to be to get it all in?

Stupid boy Pike - I'll send you home in a minute. :D

Hmmm! Cannock Chase .... not too far from me :naughty:

It's just at the back of the Visitors Centre in Marquis Drive Glo. You can safely leave the car too - loads of people about.

I popped to the cafe/lodge on Camp Road (just past the German Cemetery) for a bacon butty. If you sit out at one of the tables there, they have bird feeders all around and really tame birds at silly close ranges. You'd fill a card in no time and your 70-200 would be ideal.

You were right the first time CT ... Corrrr!!!! (y)
I love these birds, never see enough of them here.
80ft too .... Im well impressed!

Its a very good shot no question about that.
Have you ever watched a crow work along a hedge picking off the small bids nests as they go.

Back