Critique Corfe Castle this morning.

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
First attempt at Corfe Castle in the morning, with creaky knees it's a hell of a hike up the hill but the views are spectacular.

bff91c243268030c8f134f28749ec9ed

Thoughts please?

Many thanks

Michael.

Very nice, well worth the creaky knees. I would probably clone out the red and green lights/ flare(?) bottom right.

That's a beauty, Michael.
Ethereal.

Very nice, well worth the creaky knees. I would probably clone out the red and green lights/ flare(?) bottom right.

I think that the lights are from cars, houses in the village but I think that you're probably right they should be cloned out.

Thanks for all the positive comments. :):ty:

That's a good one, Michael. It has a great fantasy feel about it; and it being almost monochrome is very effective.

Dave

I agree about cloning out the lights

I think that I will re-visit the post production, clone out the lights and then get it printed.

can i ask where the hill is, ive seen a few from this angle but not sure where its at, or if there is a path up the hill etc

many thanks

It's Corfe Castle in Dorset, the hill is on the west side of the hill if you look on The Photographers Ephemeris.

Thank you i found it, i love your picture by the way, i hopefully can get down there myself next weekend

mat

Very cool 'mystical' look - could almost be an illustration rather than a photo.

Cracking shot Michael, the mist covering the ground and the sun just rising makes the show, Well captured.

Thanks Steve, John and Mat.

That's a belter Michael! Last time I was there was shoulder to shoulder with several other Togs, it was quite good actually!
Anyhow I like the lights in the shot, as said above very ethereal. I guess if you wanted to enter it into some comp a purest might say remove them but I quite like them.
Lovely light breaking through the clouds. Look lovely big on the wall.... Nice Work...

That's a belter Michael! Last time I was there was shoulder to shoulder with several other Togs, it was quite good actually!
Anyhow I like the lights in the shot, as said above very ethereal. I guess if you wanted to enter it into some comp a purest might say remove them but I quite like them.
Lovely light breaking through the clouds. Look lovely big on the wall.... Nice Work...

Thanks Steve,

It was quite quiet that morning, only around 4/6 people. I've sent off for a 90cm by 30cm print which may go up if it prints well.

Personally I like the lights too, but for the print I cloned them out.

Hi Micheal
What lens would be good for something like this?
i have a 35 1.8, and a tamron 24-70 2.8

It's a nice shot and lovely atmosphere. Well done on getting out and walking somewhere with your camera too, it's good for you. My knee creaks more sitting down all the time!

As you asked for critique my observations are I would like to see more of the misty ground beneath the castle and slightly less sky.

Very jealous, lovely image but I do feel though its missing a bit from the bottom since it seems that's where the action is at!

It's a nice shot and lovely atmosphere. Well done on getting out and walking somewhere with your camera too, it's good for you. My knee creaks more sitting down all the time!

As you asked for critique my observations are I would like to see more of the misty ground beneath the castle and slightly less sky.
Very jealous, lovely image but I do feel though its missing a bit from the bottom since it seems that's where the action is at!

Both fair points, where I was situated I couldn't really move any lower and to the right of shot was a huge bush, bramble thing which was impeding panning right. The more traditional POV was over to the left having the sunrise directly behind the castle.

It's so misty in the mornings at the moment, I think that I'll be going back very soon.

Stunning shot well worth the effort. :banana:

Very nice. I heard from some friends that this particular day the wind picked up near sunrise and turned it all into fog?

Well done for catching it. Half the battle with Corfe is being there enough times.

On my list to visit. Last time I was there, two mornings running, it was grey and miserable. But one day.

Lovely image - but agree more foreground less sky.

Back