Corfe in the mist

Corfe Castle is very picturesque isn't it?
I was there in the summer??? but never got light/conditions like this.
I like the image Donna, it is very atmospheric in the area of the castle but feel the foreground maybe dominating the picture a little. Perhaps a crop or lightening the foreground in PP would accentuate the main subject. Good work though. Iain

+1. you could crop to almost just the castle. The greenery ruins the atmosphere.

Thanks very much - however you have helped my hubby win a 'debate'. He also thought the foreground was too much. :razz:

So, how about this one? It did have foreground in it too, but I have cropped and cloned for this...

IMG_2940e by nzweeble, on Flickr

Once again, all feedback appreciated.

Now that is fantastic Donna, thats a wall hanger IMHO.

I'm in agreement that the previous foreground was a bit overpowering, this crop however is really nice, I think the forced wide aspect ratio from the crop has actually added to it too. Shame we can't see a larger version? the photo is private on flickr.

Good work though :)

Donna, I liked the first one but the second is awesome. I've seen similar images and would kill to know if I set off from Leeds now I'd get those conditions once I got down there. I'd like to see your second image a bit bigger.

Is this any bigger? I have it on private on Flickr as it is going to be my competition entry next month for our local camera club and so not to be too public (shh, keep it quiet) :naughty:. It will be funny if this post is seen by any of the members :LOL:

It is such a shame there are no guarantees. I was so lucky to catch this. It was the first time I had tried a sunrise here and was so fortunate to get the mist (I had checked the weather forecast the night before). And the great advantage is that I only live 10 minutes away so am keen to try for more shots soon.

Donna, I liked the first one but the second is awesome. I've seen similar images and would kill to know if I set off from Leeds now I'd get those conditions once I got down there. I'd like to see your second image a bit bigger.

Very nice pair Donna (y) Im split between them which i prefer ....
Im going to try my luck friday morning, but at the moment the weather isnt looking too good. But made me plans so still going to try what ever the weather!

Hello Donna both great images/location you have there well worth the early start to, out of the two images i think #1 would be my choice and I would also maybe darken the foreground to match the rest of the frame which could also work well here to, (y)

Liking the second one a lot. Spent a week in Dorste last year - would have loved those conditions.
Noel

Hi, I definitely prefer the second one of the two. Agree that the foreground is distracting on the first. The second one looks to me slightly tilted left, probably due to the shape of the landscape, but i wonder if a slight tweak of the crop or straightening could make it feel more balanced?

Disclaimer - almost completely new to this!

Thanks very much everyone. It has given me a real boost that I finally have taken a couple of decent shots and was worth the early wake up call, and have also taken the comments on board which is also appreciated.

The second one is stunning, almost to good to be a photograph if you know what I mean.

Good luck in the comp.

Thanks very much - however you have helped my hubby win a 'debate'. He also thought the foreground was too much. :razz:

So, how about this one? It did have foreground in it too, but I have cropped and cloned for this...

Once again, all feedback appreciated.

Now that is really nice! The first shot minus the hedge etc was also a winner

John

The first picture I thought was amazing then someone pointed out the foreground issue and found that to some extent I agreed. Sorry. :shrug:

But then you produced the second image and I'm blown away with it. To quote someone else "a real wall hanger". It's peaceful and yet has a sense of mysticism about it. Lord of the Rings stuff! (y)

Back