Corn Exchange Leeds B&W

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes

1203_CornExchange_BW_1 by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

This is a b&w conversion I have done. I was hoping that this would emphasize the structure of the building more than the colour version did. I have done post processing to increase contrast but to also maintain details in shadows. Comments welcome

Nice shot, but I think you would have an absolute cracker if you cropped to just the four central doors. It would have more simplicity and that great guitar more emphatic in the shot and the single written door sign would stand out more. Would like to see the crop. Nice work well seen.

Great shot - love the geometry

I would crop both sides very slightly as there are some objects (door frames?) to creeping in which are distracting (slightly)

The photo is also very slightly off centre if you look at the roof structure and as the roof is such a key part of the shot I think fine tuning this will take it up a notch

Finally, I imagine upping the contrast slightly would be good too

Thanks for sharing.

lfc1892 said:
Nice shot, but I think you would have an absolute cracker if you cropped to just the four central doors. It would have more simplicity and that great guitar more emphatic in the shot and the single written door sign would stand out more. Would like to see the crop. Nice work well seen.

Thanks for feedback. I have tried crop as suggested and it looks ok but guitar and sign still don't stand out and the picture loses the effect of the roof. Next time I am there I may look at a different view of the shop focusing more on guitar as the subject

Joeturner11 said:
Love it and as Being a B&W Fan I Love it even More ;) Well Done !

Thank you for the comments. Haven't done a lot of b&w but really pleased with the effect on this photo. It looked a bit bland in colour and didn't really work

Buck said:
Great shot - love the geometry

I would crop both sides very slightly as there are some objects (door frames?) to creeping in which are distracting (slightly)

The photo is also very slightly off centre if you look at the roof structure and as the roof is such a key part of the shot I think fine tuning this will take it up a notch

Finally, I imagine upping the contrast slightly would be good too

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your advice. It has made me realise how a small tweak can really make an image. I have recropped the image which was fiddly but worth it. I have printed myself an a4 print that I am really happy with and will post new version on here. Thanks again.

I do like that Simon. Well done on a strong image and I think your minor tweaks have nailed the shot (y)

Makes me realise I should pop up there with my camera one day.

Back