Corn

• Thread starter Deleted member 23476
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23476

Hello again,
Not very often i visit here but on my bike saw a loverly corn field and decided to have a go at a landscape. No tripod nor filters but here it is.

2v1m5nk.jpg

Would love some feedback on this on what i have done good and bad, processed the image different to how i usually would to give it more punch but not sure if i have over done it.

Thanks

I can see what you've wanted to achieve with the graphic elements (lines of corn, thin horizon, moody sky) but I think you've probably used a tad too short a focal length. Going longer (say 100mm) would have been better but of course, you were probably limited as to the viewpoint you could take.

Sky is good - imagine what a grey grad could have done - and I like the saturation, although I think there's a hint too much green in the yellow. The horizon is slightly high on the right - easy to correct though.

It's not a shot I'd go mad over but the concept has potential definitely :)

I can see what you've wanted to achieve with the graphic elements (lines of corn, thin horizon, moody sky) but I think you've probably used a tad too short a focal length. Going longer (say 100mm) would have been better but of course, you were probably limited as to the viewpoint you could take.

Sky is good - imagine what a grey grad could have done - and I like the saturation, although I think there's a hint too much green in the yellow. The horizon is slightly high on the right - easy to correct though.

It's not a shot I'd go mad over but the concept has potential definitely :)

Thanks for the feedback Pat, I agree that it would look better longer shame i dident try one like that. Would have loved to use a grad on the sky because as you say would really make it look gray shame i dont have any i need to invest in some.

I see what you mean by the green defiantly needs to be toned down a bit but glad you like the saturation.

Thanks for the feedback

Hi, I think you'll find your 'corn' field is actually a field of rapeseed .....
I like the idea of the shot , but for some reason it doesen't work for me as it is.
Maybe a different time of day would change the feel of the field.... i drive by several different fields and it's amazing how much they change with different light.
Can't really offer much in the way of help , other than keep trying.... it has inspired me to have a go tomorrow though !

Dave;)

Hi, I think you'll find your 'corn' field is actually a field of rapeseed .....
I like the idea of the shot , but for some reason it doesen't work for me as it is.
Maybe a different time of day would change the feel of the field.... i drive by several different fields and it's amazing how much they change with different light.
Can't really offer much in the way of help , other than keep trying.... it has inspired me to have a go tomorrow though !

Dave;)

Hi Dave, Thanks for correcting me, while living in the country i am not the stereotype farmer :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback and your opinion, i doubt i will go back as it was a fair way on the bike but as usual if im on my bike will take my gear and if theres anything i see on my travels will take some shots. Glad i inspired you, hope you also go on a bike as theres so mutch to see and its nice to see it on a bike.

might be worth getting a bit lower and try and shoot across the top of the crop

just a thought

Back