Cornwall Storm Photos, Huge Waves, Land's End etc

Call me pedantic, but I'm damned if we should put up with all this foot stamping and dummy spitting, AND allow links to images on another forum. We're not here to provide a routing hub for people's images, especially when they're being just the teeny weeniest bit objectionable and ungratious. :shrug:

Link deleted. ;)

Call me pedantic, but I'm damned if we should put up with all this foot stamping and dummy spitting, AND allow links to images on another forum. We're not here to provide a routing hub for people's images, especially when they're being just the teeny weeniest bit objectionable and ungratious. :shrug:

Link deleted. ;)

I agree, I think it's high time some people grew up a little, and quit crying. I've had it up to here (points at forehead), with childish immature dummy spitters who cry and stomp their ikkle babby feet when there's a a polite request to abide by the rules that the other 6500 members have to abide by.

If you don't like it, you're welcome to have your membership fee returned, there are plenty of other sites on the internet you can take your toys to.

Buh bye!

Some very impressive shoits there S3IS, don't get too upset with not being allowed to post so many images, it's always better to give folk the choice of wether to spend time downloading them or not.

Sorry had to use this, not had much use for these lately:
Glad to see "jl productions" is still in business I have been having withdrawal symptoms :D

"here", not "hear" :(

hear hear :D

Link deleted. ;)

Well put :clap:

Sorry to add to what's already been put here - but Shiato Storm has a point - it's one thing to fire a camera away at 6fps and get "wave" shots - but you need to cherry pick the best. There's two damn many on that original thread - if I wasn't on dsl - I think I'd have gotten bored waiting.

As for pedancticness (or however you put it?) - the rules are there for a reason - to keep things fair on everyone, we don't always like them all the time but them's the breaks! :)

Oh and as for the shots - I'm sorry, too many of them are too dark and a little bit oof, I know it's stormy etc. but some of them could have done with being slightly sharper etc. :)

Just my tuppence worth! :) (/Matt steps off his soapbox)

Matt

Gutted this thread has gone

People speak of toys being thrown out of prams, but from what i can see is a gang mentality. With different users repeating the same damn thing, to me most in this thread come across as a bunch of kids.

While i understand a 'rule' may have been broken does every tom,dick and harry have to jump in point this out.In all my years around various forums, the problems are usually dealt with swiftly via a PM between a mod and the poster

I seldom post pics here as helpful advice seems not to be the norm, from what i've seen it takes one or two to be less than polite then the floodgates open. Would hazard a guess and say the majority of posters are middle-aged, let's just say i hope i don't behave like that when i get older, as i always thought the older you get the wiser you get.

Feel free to pull this post apart for poor grammer etc,etc

People speak of toys being thrown out of prams, but from what i can see is a gang mentality. With different users repeating the same damn thing, to me most in this thread come across as a bunch of kids.

While i understand a 'rule' may have been broken does every tom,dick and harry have to jump in point this out.In all my years around various forums, the problems are usually dealt with swiftly via a PM between a mod and the poster

I seldom post pics here as helpful advice seems not to be the norm, from what i've seen it takes one or two to be less than polite then the floodgates open. Would hazard a guess and say the majority of posters are middle-aged, let's just say i hope i don't behave like that when i get older, as i always thought the older you get the wiser you get.

Shame you feel that way and that you dont feel you get any helpfull advice here. I know I have had tons, but maybe that is just the way the cookie crumbles. To be fair if the OP is going to start complaining about a "nanny state" and then plug another forum etc then it is going to get a few peoples backs up to be honest.

Would hazard a guess and say the majority of posters are middle-aged, let's just say i hope i don't behave like that when i get older, as i always thought the older you get the wiser you get.

That's age-ist!!

I think the thread perhaps should be closed now as I suspect no more useful comments are going to be added other than what's already been said?

No he had friendly helpful posts, and it was suggested to him that so many pictures in one thread was too many for everyone. The fact that many people said it wasn't down to 'gang mentality' it was down to the fact that many people agreed that so many images were too many. A moderator also politely pointed out a solution, maybe he would like to post maybe 10 max per thread and spread them out over a few threads.

He chose to throw his toys out of the pram and take his pictures off elsewhere, no one was being rude at all until he did that.

And I posted my post, purely because Im sick of trying to please people, be polite and have it thrown in our faces by childish premadonnas who dont like being asked to obey the simple rules we have in place. We see everything that goes on behind the scenes, and we have to put up with alot of crap. And we do this why? Because we believe in providing a place where people can come to discuss their hobby in a nice relaxed atomosphere free of prima donnas, childish attitudes, ego trips and self important bull.

Thats why Im getting peed off with teddy throwing, so if anyone wants to put themselves into either of the aforementioned categories, take it elsewhere, it's not wanted here.
We're mostly a nice polite bunch here, and I know this because of 1 : Our rapid growth, and 2 : The amount of good feedback we get from members, both new and old.

I spend ALOT of my personal time here, providing this place for free, as do all our staff, and I wont have it slagged off for no reason. Constructive criticism I listen to, good ideas which we can implement, we listen to. Honest comments given in good faith, we listen to.

Slagging off and childish bitching just ****es me off.

Pre Madonna? that would be Cindy Lauper I reckon, damned sight better singer too :)

i have to totally agree with Marcel, ive had some frankly bizarre emails froma recently banned member bitching because he managed to rack up enough points to get a temporary suspension, he called me a fascist so i upped it to 60 days, then banned him cos he couldnt leave it alone. Its simple, we have rules, read them and stick to them. Staff outbursts are few and far between, consider this mine for the next 6 months, i dont think marcel ever had a big whinge before!

Marcel - chill and have an appletini!!

Unfortunately, I think the point is that there is a small percentage of new users who ruin it for the rest, that's probably the down-side of the rapid expansion that does seem to have happened here :(

I for one DO appreciate the mods efforts here, as I know how hard running one a forum can be - so despite the odd stray member - remember the bulk of us do appreciate you're work! :)

Matt

Oh_Noes_teh_Forum_Drama_by_MythTrainerInfinity.png

And who's this Marcel character people keep mentioning? :LOL::p.

Marcel - chill and have an appletini!!

mmm, you can really taste the apple! :D

I know many of you appreciate what we provide and the work the staff put in, and if I'm honest, I'd never question that (y)

I just get annoyed when people just like to have cheap digs at the forum (false digs I might add ;)), and I re-huh-heally must take a dislike to those who like to throw the toys out of their prams (Thats why one of the rules is that "I'm leaving" posts / threads are banned ;))

Thanks chaps.
And benneh, Marcel be meeeeeeee :D

duty_calls.jpg

life too short? to either the download hundreds of shots or care where he's gone after spitting the dummy...he grows up and returns, great. he never returns, what have we lost?
end of.

First of all, ^^^ ROFL!

And secondly, I have been here over a year now, and gone from n00b, to someone whos' name perhaps a few people recognise. Either way, it is not hard to follow some simple rules. if people can't do thay, they should first look at their hypocritical posts about "pedanticness" and then look at themselfs. And secondly, realise that this place is free, and a damn good place to chill regardless. stop taking it for granted, grow the **** up, and get a life! argh!

The mods do a damn good job and it is very much appreciated by most, if not all bar the immature few. Imho, you guys should not "put up with alot of crap" as you so kindly do. if you feel some people are being knobs, ban away.

Random thoughts because...... well because I'm a random sort I guess.

it's a shame the pics are gone. I had a very quick peek this morning before heading off and there were one or two I was looking forward to seeing.

All the stuff "Da Management" have said. (y)(y)

All the bods that have agreed and supported. (y)(y)

summed up beautifully there by shiato. :clap::LOL::LOL:

Back