Cornwall

Dominic5749

Im bored with it now
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
No
Hey all

Not posted anything on here for ages sorry about the size of image but the restrictions off 200kb are abit small.

Anyway Taken at Godrevy Lighthouse 3 weeks ago. Hope you like it

Last edited:
Lovely image, I really like it. I would like to have seen a bigger version of it though.

This is the image I have liked the most out of those I have seen today!

Lovely image, I really like it. I would like to have seen a bigger version of it though.

This is the image I have liked the most out of those I have seen today!

Well I would of liked to posted it bigger but It wont go onto TP, says its to big. will try again.

Its ok i suppose

yeah not bad for a snap.

:):)

Great pic - how long did it take you to set it up and frame it????

Well It never took that long really I knew what I wanted from the area and what shot I wanted . So it was all about snapping away when the waves got close and wiping my filter clean which is an art in itself!

Great shot there dude i personally would be extremely proud of that capture(y)

Thanks I am, But I dont think this was the best shot of the trip by far.

Which is why i posted what i did ..MR dominic5749 never shows his best work on the net as he is scared it will be ripped...

md

Which is why i posted what i did ..MR dominic5749 never shows his best work on the net as he is scared it will be ripped...

md

LOL Scared of what!:razz::LOL: You see my work and Tbh my main reason is alot of Forums are rather :thinking: how do I put it? Close and only comment on each others. Theres a certain forum in which you have to have your image judged by 6 and then the forum votes and then your image gets published onto its site. Which Is better because its about the image not who you know etc....

Thanks MD (y) (y) (y)

Last edited:
ok - what is your secret... I always fail in pictures like this...

ok - what is your secret... I always fail in pictures like this...

No secret its all down to checking the weather and searching the locations in the day before the magic time, checking tide times and also if its a sunset or sunrise location and time of year is a factor as well. And of course making sure you know what settings you want and what type of shot you want from the location. Hope this helps
(y)

Great shot Dominic! (y)

Hard to say how to improve as you have all bases well covered. Very enjoyable viewing! :clap:

seen better, seen worse. ticks a few boxes. baptist

haha, ye be good mate, you had a good week down there, not the best from your trip though!

Like this a lot Dominic. What where the camera settings?

Would it make any difference if I did tell you my settings? I use F16 but then that may not be the factor if your using a different lens to me and if the lighting is different and also I used several filters such as ND, and ND GRADS. I tend to use different settings depending on the scene and light. The only way is to go out and practice and find what is you lens sweet spot etc.....

Good exposure, but it would be great if you did more speed shutter for smooth water.
Oh, no - milky water alert! Disagree STRONGLY. This exposure, just as it is, has really captured the energy of the sea, and thereby it captures something essential about the place.

Oh, no - milky water alert! Disagree STRONGLY. This exposure, just as it is, has really captured the energy of the sea, and thereby it captures something essential about the place.

I agree Horrocks this is the reason I did this shot because the sea was rather rough at the time, I like slow shutter speeds but you dont have to do them with everything.

I agree Horrocks this is the reason I did this shot because the sea was rather rough at the time, I like slow shutter speeds but you dont have to do them with everything.
Oh, I'm sorry for Misunderstanding you objective in the picture.
However it has milky water or not, it's a nice shot nice composition.(y)

Back