Coronet Consul Box Camera.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was given one of these for Christmas with intention of me using it as a potebtialprop for a scene...
The more I'm looking at this camera the more I'm wanting to try it out... Has anyone shot on one of these? Where do you even source film for this camera (and how does the advance dial work on it?
When film is in do you have an indication of where to stop? Or is it one full wheel rotation (indicated by the little marker on the wheel?)
Would love to pick someone's brains on this camera with the above questions...
And what does the filter Lever do?
What is the little window on the back for which seems to let light into the rear of the Camera? (is this an old way to increase exposure?)

The red window on the back is used for the film wind on. The camera should take 120 film, which has a backing paper; printed on this backing paper is the frame number, so you wind the film until the next number appears (or "1" for the start of film). The filter lever will pull a green filter into the optical path; this should help make clouds stand out on black and white film, and also aid in differentiating greens in foliage. With colour film, it just makes everything green, so best not used with that!

If yours is like my Coronet, it will give 8 exposures per roll of 120; but different cameras can give anything from 4 to 16 exposures. The 4 admittedly is a panoramic format, and the Coronet isn't this. 8 is the most likely, but 12 is possible. With the back off (probably two studs to press in to do it) you should be able to see the frame size.

Back