Corstorphine Hill

Name
sam
Edit My Images
Yes
I feel bad that this place is so close to where I live but I've never been before this weekend. After watching Scotland almost beat teh All Blacks on the Saturday, a chilled out walk was needed for the family and I.

This hill, near the centre of Edinburgh felt often that I was in wood in Perthshire...

Woods and trees have historically been me achielles heal but I feel I'm now finding a style I enjoy these days.

IMG_2147 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

IMG_2196 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

IMG_2183 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

IMG_2154 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

Nice work but 3 is way better than the others IMO

The second to last just pops for me. The branch kind of mirrors the sbape of the ground

I feel bad that this place is so close to where I live but I've never been before this weekend.
Ha, done that before and been utterly ashamed of myself for ignoring what was right under my nose.
These are all superb, right up my street and the sort of shots I struggle with. I suspect you'll be back several times.

Some beauties there sam particularly like 2 and 3

Thanks Stuart. I would probably pick these as my two also.

Nice work but 3 is way better than the others IMO

And 3 is my first choice. I struggled with the tone on this a bit tbh, but think it's where it should be.

The second to last just pops for me. The branch kind of mirrors the sbape of the ground

Thanks Mark. This by far was my choice on the various compositions I came away with.

3 for me, very nice. Must pay a visit next Autumn

CHeers Simon - well worth it. We were early, but not early enough to catch the ice before the sun got too high. A great dawn location on my doorstep. like it!

Ha, done that before and been utterly ashamed of myself for ignoring what was right under my nose.
These are all superb, right up my street and the sort of shots I struggle with. I suspect you'll be back several times.

Cheers Scott. Give me a solitary tree or copse in a grand environment and I'm off! Getting my head round woodland compositions has taken its time. Still not quite there sometimes though.

Next I'll find a mountain and ice covered loch in Leith...

One final bonus one that I liked. I thought the tree looked like a female ballet dancer... :)

IMG_2117 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

Back