Cosford Air show

Got my tickets momths ago and it looks like its going to be a good display, weather permitting.

Hoping to make it - be nice to get to an airshow without horrid sun in your face all day.....

Looks a good line-up this year. Still hoping for a couple more additions. :) Hopefully the weather Gods will be kind, Cosford has had it a bit rough with wind and rain over the last few years. Hoping to catch the arrivals on the days before the show, either from the train platform or to watch the jets arrive at RAF Shawbury.

Tickets have sold out already :-(

Is it still worth the trip? (im 4hrs away)

Does anyone have any other places where you can see anything from? :-(

They must have seriously low capacity given how early it sold out.

Don't think capacity is the issue. Cosford is always a popular, well attended event, even more so this year given the RAF 100 additions.

GC

In 2016 they had 65,000 visitors for the air show. I don't in know if that's high or low capacity, but it was a record breaking show for them. It's a very popular show for the locals.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for what time to arrive without too much queuing?

I'm normally there for 07.00hrs and stay until I'm kicked out! Can get some nice evening light:

35412398625_3256fd093f_b.jpg

GC

I've been two or three years in a row now, last year's wasn't the greatest - ended up leaving early. Weather wasn't brilliant and the flying aircraft weren't that good I didn't think. I have tickets for this year though as the lineup looks a lot better, a few fast jets which is what I prefer.

Agree - really looking forward to the MIG 29 - never seen one flying before

I was lucky enough to be stood near the end of the runway when it arrived at Shawbury yesterday. Five smokey, noisy passes and a landing - great stuff. A couple of pics on my FlickR. It should look really good at Cosford with all the smoke it throws out.

Back