Costa Rica Birds

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of bird shots from my recent trip to Costa Rica.

Great Egret -

IMG_3780.jpg

Humming Bird -

IMG_3302.jpg

More on my site, but the galleries just now are really full of holiday snaps for family etc, I must get round to organising them better and clearing out some of the dross :)

OHh that Egret is amazing. Not sure about the distraction on the left in the hummingbird shot if you could shop that out I think that'd be a stunner too.

Thanks for the comments :) Quite a majestic bird the Egret.

I'll have a go at removing the black thingy (cant remember for the life of me what it was!) in PS but my skills are a little lacking so I'm not sure if I'll do it justice.

I agree about the egret - really nice shot. Not so sure about the humming bird, but I imagine they're tricky to catch at all. Its still a nice pic though

Your right the humming birds are very tricky to catch being so small and so fast, the previous occasion I'd seen them was during a tropical storm where even at ISO1600, F5.0 (as fast as my lens would go) I needed 1/40s exposure, which at the rate their wings beat just looks rubbish. I was delighted to catch this one in silhouette with its wings in the forward position, I think its makes a pleasing enough shot :)

Cheers Richard :)

If I get time tonight I'll have a go at cloning that bit out and post the results.

Right, I've had a play in PS, and tested my skills to the limit :D

I've also cropped it a little as I feel the top of the image was a little empty after the photoshop work.

IMG_3302-Edit-2.jpg

Back