Costa Rica

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Today we should have been on our way to Costa Rica, but alas not to be.:( Have postponed it for this year and have rescheduled it for this time next year, hopefully.:banana:

Feel your loss Dave, went there in 2015 and 2019, and itching to go again. Lovely place, lovely people.

Cuba is nice, with lovely people. Not so much to photo, I don't think.
You are probably right but Havana seems pretty good. Was all booked in June last year and obviously had to cancel. Wife fancied Cuba ( need to do some time on the beach!) but also mentions Costa Rica. I’ll do some research

We went to Costa Rica in 2005,and are planning a return trip early next year and tour around the parts we missed last time. Wonderful country super friendly and the most wildlife I have ever seen.
And managed two weeks with one 1gb card on my very old Nikon D70.

Managed Cuba before everything shut down. Cuba is completely different to Costa Rica - because it is communist the people think 'differently', they are nice people but the country is so inefficient. I think Havana is ace. You just can't compare or contrast the 2 countries as they are so different.

2 trips I have done to both countries. 1st time to CR there was no direct flight; went via Houston, less said the better. 2nd time on BA Premier economy from LGW. Both times to Havana, it has been default Virgin - 1st time was on a 747, then last year on a tired hand-me-down Air Berlin castoff A330-200 (would've preferred A340-600)....

We went to Costa Rica in 2005,and are planning a return trip early next year and tour around the parts we missed last time. Wonderful country super friendly and the most wildlife I have ever seen.
I went to the Galapagos in 2006 with a 1GB card (and 120 rolls of film) - managed about 320GB of files on my CR 2019 trip.

I spent 17 days in Cuba just before the big hurricane hit 3 or 4 years ago. Havana is amazing, never been anywhere like it but you need to get off the beaten track. It’s fairly safe but as with all places don’t flash your money and keep your camera hidden unless using it. Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Bay of Pigs.....I went all over and it was great. Ended up in a Casa in Varadero. Fab trip, great food and music.

That's enough to make me lust after a trip to Costa Rica :D
We're owed a flight by Iberia but they are being difficult about extending it beyond the pandemic travel restrictions.

Back