Costco Printing

Name
Samantha & David
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Has anyone ever use Costco for printing? We have a new branch down the road from us and prices are very good. Used tesco / jessops before for things we needed within a few days (mostly 6x4, occasionally 10x8 and 12x8), but the quality was often hit and miss (more often 'miss' and 'hit' with tesco).

Photobox seem to have upped their postage prices, meaning that ordering in any significant quantities gets mch more expensive.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi All,

Has anyone ever use Costco for printing? We have a new branch down the road from us and prices are very good. Used tesco / jessops before for things we needed within a few days (mostly 6x4, occasionally 10x8 and 12x8), but the quality was often hit and miss (more often 'miss' and 'hit' with tesco).

Photobox seem to have upped their postage prices, meaning that ordering in any significant quantities gets mch more expensive.

Thanks,
Sam

I use their Edinburgh branch and find them quite good with a limited range of papers. It's fuji crystal archive paper ( matte and glossy) they use but the bigger sizes are matte paper only. They provide colour profiles as well if you're that way inclined.

Overall very handy and they usually turn order round in 20-30 mins if the limited paper choice suits your needs

Both mine, and my girlfriends family use them for our photos (only 6x4s) and find them consistent with colours etc.

Over the past year (under parents strict orders to back up photos with physical copies!) we have printed around 3/4K photos.

At 4p per print in batches of 500 or more you really can't complain at their prices. Absolutely perfect for general photo printing and archiving.

However, would I use them over DSCL for commercial or arty stuff? I'm not sure, I love the DSCL matte lux finish for larger prints.

They do have displays at the counter where you can see samples if that's any help (they do at my local branch anyway).

Last edited:
Tesco might only be 5p per print in big quantities, but 4p is 20% less and that 1p makes a difference if you're talking large quantities.

Got some samples from Costco glasgow, 9x6 inch. 22p each make even disclose look expensive. However, after a batch run of 300 they were very inconsistent, not only colour but about 25 percent were a good stop plus over despite them assuring me they had no correction.
Would not use again, rather charge an extra 50p per image and use Loxley.

I decided to take the chance. Wanted to get a batch of images printed just as a test. As my screen at home is not currently calibrated, I opted to use the in-store kiosks, as SURELY these would be? Well ... corrected the images for brightness on the screen and sent it to go. 2 days later (quite impressed with the turn round time as it was 2 actual days, rather than 2 working days), thy arrived and looked VERY washed out. Contacted the photo manager on the website and they have re-done the batch for me - which I thought was good. Going to collect the new batch tomorrow so fingers crossed!!!

Back