Cotswold wildlife park saturday

Name
Yvonne
Edit My Images
No
This was my first time at the wildlife park (it was busy - should have chosen a non-weekend day), I got lost a bit and could never find my way back to the Pallas cat, and my lens kept sticking and wouldnt focus properly on a number of occasions (it spun about more times than I thought possible) - its now consigned to the wastebin.

Anyhow I came out with a few photos but not really pleased with these at all.

1.. lemur (had fun with these but they moved about so quick - the lens wouldnt refocus in time)

2.. my friend the Prairie dog

3.. he then stopped to pose

4.. the obligatory meerkat

a couple more - bit more colourful this time
5.. rather pinkish bird (probably not its scientific name)

6.. my friendly bird who followed my whilst in the tropical house (where I couldnt see any sloths)

I like shots #3 and #4, it sound like you did well under the circumstances.

My wife and I visited the park last summer, it's a great day out.

The sloth is about but I think you have to visit around feeding time, here is one I took last year: http://www.kentt.f2s.com/Misc/slothx800.jpg

thanks for your remarks :)
yeah it was a good day out and I am going to go again as soon as I get a new lens (bought a season ticket)
like your sloth pic - really nice.
Think the pallas cat and panda were hiding from me too. Next time I'll choose a day when there arent loads of children running about and yelling (the poor wolves looked scared)

Nice set, the Sloths tend to hide, try looking above the exit :) may see a leg :D, week days are much better as a lot quieter with less kids :D

thanks Cosmix. I'll go in the week next time (need to buy a new lens first) - there were some great animals there and i missed quite a few enclosures. (coughs - I also ran out of camera battery - coughs - after not charging the night before - muppet). I took about 80 shots and only these 6 were salvageable - the rest were all backfocussed (about 3 inches). The madagascar exhibit was great though those lemurs are nosy - i thought one was going to jump on my head.

thanks Cosmix. I'll go in the week next time (need to buy a new lens first) - there were some great animals there and i missed quite a few enclosures. (coughs - I also ran out of camera battery - coughs - after not charging the night before - muppet). I took about 80 shots and only these 6 were salvageable - the rest were all backfocussed (about 3 inches). The madagascar exhibit was great though those lemurs are nosy - i thought one was going to jump on my head.

The Lemurs show no fear, have actually seen them jump on people when the feeding is going on :D

Back