but you let the foreground take over too much..ie the plant
do you have focus lock..if not use manual focus for these and recompose
cheers
geof

Thank you Geof! I had it an manual and messed about on my knees for a bit :D

Heres a few more I took :

7906015294_2d778e59ef_h.jpg

7906014424_9b5cfda3a1_h.jpg

Not much me for me like sorry. The cottage in the title seems like a minor part of the image

Thanks Dave, its meant to be a non focal point but you can see its there sort of thing ?

Yeah know what you mean. Guess it was just not what I was expecting from your title! Also think it could be a non focal point without being obstructed by stuff?! Just my opinion though Liam

Sorry but this time the shot has not worked

Yeah know what you mean. Guess it was just not what I was expecting from your title! Also think it could be a non focal point without being obstructed by stuff?! Just my opinion though Liam

I was tying to be cleaver with the title :thinking: guess it didnt work :LOL:

Quite like the first one of the cottage - if you had shuffled over to the left a touch and framed it in the shrubbery that might have been nice? (y)

Yeah looking back on the photos i could of moved it around a tad but its not like I want to ride 20 miles to take the picture again :LOL: im not :wacky:

Not doing a grat deal for me i'm afraid....sorry.
Too much inconcequential foreground and not enough interest on the cottage.

Guess my madness didnt pay off :LOL:

I was trying to make the cottage a non focal point more of a glimmer in the back ground!

they are all good and use a photographic technique which i like..
my point it to use the foreground as a foil...and not have it cover the elusive and mysterious cottage...although i could be wrong if you want the cottage to be a bit hidden to add the mystery?
all in all its a great way to use your lens's creativity via the dof
cheers
geof

ps also a bit of zap in the colour contrast would be ok for me

Last edited:
I think it was a good idea. The foreground was a bit central in the first one so dominates too much. The fact that it's in focus is enough, so you don't need it to dominate the frame so much. Stick it over to the left a bit more, and crop some off the bottom. I think a longer focal length would have helped so the cottage was a little larger in frame too. At the moment it's a little lost.

I'd have liked to see you make more use of the reflection in 2 and 3. Mye eye doesn't really settle anywhere in 2, and in 3 it settles on the back of a flower, which isn't ideal.

Back