Could anything be done with this?

Name
CAROL
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
Can anything be done to help this image? I took this photo in Egypt, I was sat on a coach so it’s through the window, I am so disappointed with it I love the lady sat surrounded by the bustle of the city but so alone!
thanks
cas

oldlady.jpg

I think I would try to crop the picture to lose a lot surrounding the old woman, as you say she is a great subject and IMHO I don't think the background adds much to the photograph.

Cheers,

Neil

Looks like one of those "If only" pictures to me. A great subject, *if only*you weren't hurtling past on a coach :(

thanks, i will have a go at a crop, and yes it was one of those if only shots.
cas

I'm not sure if I would crop it, except perhaps a bit of the foreground as this adds nothing to the image.

I can see where you are coming from (or passing through on a bus, as the case may be :LOL:), perhaps this might be a candidate for selective colour - with the image in mono with the exception of the old lady, or perhaps even the other way round, with her in b&w against the colour background.

thanks for your replies, Here are my results, not great but i think a little better

oldlady2.jpg

oldlady3.jpg

oldladycrop1.jpg

oldladysaturated.jpg

They're all an improvement on the original. The first edited one, if she was in colour would be best, for me anyway(y)

Here you are. I have cropped it, and darkened it slightly:

OldWoman.jpg

Can you put the full size original somewhere and put a link to it? Then we could play... :)

like this Niel

oldladyoldlady.jpg

thanks for the edits, they are both a good improvement on mine,

We you know me I love a challenge ;) So here's my go at it. I used surface blur and curves and usm plus a bit of vignetting to get this effect.

2625286936_dbe95cfb31_o.jpg

To everyone

Thanks soooooooooooooooo much its a keeper now(y)

Cas

Back