Could someone measure something for me?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I've no 120 backing paper knocking around at the moment. Could some kind soul confirm that the 6x9 numbers are the bottom row and let me now their distance from the edge of the paper and rough size? I don't want to kill a roll just to check, so please don't do the same yourself!

Cheers!

I have a roll of Shanghai and a roll of Ilford Backing paper here... Kodak and Fuji etc. may do something a bit different.

6x9 is on the bottom row.

Both Shanghai and Ilford have 3 rows of numbers for 6x9, which suggests different cameras may have windows in slightly different places (6x6 and 645 only have two rows of numbers). Each Row is about 4mm high. The three rows on the Shanghai are spread across 23mm from the edge of the film and 20mm on the Ilford.

I hope metric's ok!

I don't have any measuring devices here - but if no one can help you, I'll send you a spool for free. After I load the film onto the reel I always roll the backing paper back onto the spool for some reason!

Does this help?

6918867187_9619d0b5be.jpg
[/url]
120 Film by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Well if no one else replies....I have a roll for testing and can do this but I don't know what you mean :(

Hi all, thanks for the help. I managed to find a good resource about 5 mins ago.

It's the 5th post here. Offline's 23mm was a good estimate.

And yes, I'm building a pinhole camera for my film 52. Been looking at stuff online and am mixing and matching from the things that I liked best with some heavy influence from a couple of designs in particular.

Back