Couldn't help myself...

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I had no idea what kind of camera this was and spent 5-minutes researching it while the minutes ticked by on eBay. What I found out made it seem like a pretty reasonable MF camera for it's time (1949 I think). Since there were only a few more seconds left of bidding and the price was only up to £5.50, I just had to place a bid... and ended up winning this Zeiss Ikon for £8.50

63fb_1.JPG

Included with the win are 4 rolls of Ilford Delta 400, which is worth the price alone, so even if the camera ends up being crap, I still scored some good film

Should arrive on Saturday :woot:

Anyone here used a Zeiss Ikon? I've read it's better using it at f8-f11 - probably good for landscapes...

Good deal if you ask me. I like old camers I do.

Mind you, one thing I've always wondered about e-bay is why, if you put the highest bid in, they call it winning. Because we've paid for it haven't we. Shouldn't we really call it buying?

PS. I bought an accorian on e-bay last night! What the hell do I do with that now? Oh dear, the wife will do her nut.

Guess it'll be a surprise when it arrives. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but alas, nowhere to be seen - should be here tomorrow then.

I like to think I win things on eBay - it sure feels like I've won something even though I'm paying for it! An accordion heh? I hope you can play otherwise the couch is going to be your new friend :D

Mind you, one thing I've always wondered about e-bay is why, if you put the highest bid in, they call it winning. Because we've paid for it haven't we. Shouldn't we really call it buying?

Haha yeah, maybe because your 'winning' the right to pay for it :p

I love the camera, saw one just like it in an antique shop not long ago, should haave got it.
I'm a fan of medium format myself but went digital because dev+print cost me so much - will go back though!

film just feels more real!

£8.50 for that .. what a bargain! Sorry that I don't know much about this, but it does look like a nice piece to have (if just for the joy of toying with it).

Well done on catching this.

Sounds like a bargain. My mother had one of these, although my sister has it now (I'm working on that one!:naughty:)

It arrived yesterday and I took it out for a spin. Results:

2825437943_4e803bb8fc.jpg

2825438357_15fe07ac9d.jpg

2826277358_b516181221.jpg

2826277752_742db72831.jpg

Took a bit of getting used to the settings - only 3 shutter speeds - 1/25, 1/75, 1/200... oh, and 'bulb' :cautious:

Also, the focusing was a shock - you have to guess the distance, otherwise if it's further than 10-meters, whack it into infinite.

I also double-exposed on a few shots :bang: - must yet used to winding it onto the next frame...

In all, though, it's a great little camera and fits nicely into my the back middle pocket of my cycling jersey, with my Zeiss light meter in the next pocket :D

I'm guessing the guess factor of the focusing is why all your images are landscape-esque ;) The results look great....not bad for £8.50 :D

I'm guessing the guess factor of the focusing is why all your images are landscape-esque ;) The results look great....not bad for £8.50 :D

Hehe - you noticed heh? :LOL:

I did do a couple of close up portraits of friends, but in one I was way under-exposed and the other, the idiot only went and moved at the crucial moment... :bonk:

Given that it's my first roll, I'm well pleased :)

ps - you may notice some weird digital artifacts in these images - this is a result of the scanning - I scanned each strip of 4 twice and stitched in photoshop, as the sensor on my scanner is meant for 35mm. Didn't turn out as intended. New scanner for MF is on the way!

For £8.50 it doesn't matter if its an ornament, cos its still looks great on a shelf and is a dinner party topic :D . Provided its not leaking light through the bellows which it doesn't seem to be its a useful tool and a nice tool to use occasionally, albeit with a lot of thought !!

Back