Counterfeit memory card

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I've recently received what turned out to be a counterfeit memory card supplied by 'stardeals_uk' based in Ilford and selling on ebay. It was supposedly a sandisk card, which produced raw images with thin purple horizontal lines or large purple areas. Having supplied pictures and details of the card to sandisk, they have confirmed that it's counterfeit. Some indicators for anyone who doesn't know, are a yellow locking tab, no serial number or 'Made in China' on the back, and uneven contacts. There are other signs but these are easy to spot. Also it cost £17 rather than £28. Sandisk will be confronting the seller who hopefully will be taken to task.
Hope this is of some use.

Never knew fake cards could produce purple lines or areas on raw images. Sadly there are some fakes around.

I always stay away from from places like eBay for things like memory cards because sellers like this. Most of my cards have come from amazon because their prices are good and they are official suppliers. Just don’t buy from any marketplace sellers or fulfilled by amazon sellers because there are fakes their too.

Ebay used to be a very good idea. Now it seems like a very bad one. Pity about that.(n)

Just don't buy cards from Ebay or Amazon (unless sold by and fulfilled by Amazon). .

A report a few months ago highlighted that Amazon keep all identical items in the same bin and therefore their own fulfilled orders and those of their marketplace sellers fulfilled by Amazon are all lumped together.

A report a few months ago highlighted that Amazon keep all identical items in the same bin and therefore their own fulfilled orders and those of their marketplace sellers fulfilled by Amazon are all lumped together.

If that's the case then it's crazy and don't buy from Amazon.

Back