country house

A bit grander than my pad there Geoff :) I wish my lawn looked as nice as there's. Looks a beautiful place, always love the gardens in large country houses. A fine capture my friend.

A bit grander than my pad there Geoff :) I wish my lawn looked as nice as there's. Looks a beautiful place, always love the gardens in large country houses. A fine capture my friend.

thanks Steve
this is a great garden and stretches quite a bit
its national trust
as for lawns i am having a battle with mine...our house is built on the foundations of an old hotel so the strips of dwarf walls show where the underlying soil isnt so thick and dries out on sunny periods
it means feed and water quite regularly during those times

I was in Penzance myself last week, but I'm not familiar with Trevaylor, although I did visit the NT gardens at Glendurgan.

For me, I think these type of shots are always better in colour, and I much prefer the colour version.
However, there is something disturbing about the angle of the house that makes it look as if it is about to slide down the hill.
I'd investigate straightening/perspective correcting the shot so that the house is more upright.

I was in Penzance myself last week, but I'm not familiar with Trevaylor, although I did visit the NT gardens at Glendurgan.

For me, I think these type of shots are always better in colour, and I much prefer the colour version.
However, there is something disturbing about the angle of the house that makes it look as if it is about to slide down the hill.
I'd investigate straightening/perspective correcting the shot so that the house is more upright.

absolutely...i fiddled with the house and didnt seem to be able to get it to respond
have a go yourself and tell me the tweaks you use...i need to be able to correct something so basic
here is another go...concentrating this time

HOUSE up2 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

glendurgan is fab and one of our favourites
the lost gardens of heligan, although not NT are also worth a visit...just to marvel at the work that has been put in to them to bring them to what they are today
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Whatever you've done looks like an improvement to me.
The LH corner and chimneys now look vertical, which they didn't before.
I think the crooked flagpole doesn't help, tends to make you think it's still not upright.

I've visited Heligan several times.
One of the guys who restored it used to work in the same business as me and I saw him there a couple of times before the Eden project.
I also like Trebah, although again, not NT.
Where is Trevaylor? I can't find it in my NT guide.

Whatever you've done looks like an improvement to me.
The LH corner and chimneys now look vertical, which they didn't before.
I think the crooked flagpole doesn't help, tends to make you think it's still not upright.

I've visited Heligan several times.
One of the guys who restored it used to work in the same business as me and I saw him there a couple of times before the Eden project.
I also like Trebah, although again, not NT.
Where is Trevaylor? I can't find it in my NT guide.

HIT ME HARD....TREVAYLOR ARE THE WOODS WE VISITED!!!

THE GARDENS ARE TRENGWAINTON...SORRY FOR THE MIXUP

:eek::(

HIT ME HARD....TREVAYLOR ARE THE WOODS WE VISITED!!!

THE GARDENS ARE TRENGWAINTON...SORRY FOR THE MIXUP

:eek::(
Ah, Thanks for clearing that up!
I've not visited Trengwainton either, but I visit PZ quite often so I'll ad them to the list.for next time.

Whatever you did to the image, you've created some double arches in the fence at the middle foreground which is very distracting and makes it obvious that you have 'messed about' with the image.

Ah, Thanks for clearing that up!
I've not visited Trengwainton either, but I visit PZ quite often so I'll ad them to the list.for next time.

are you in cornwall somewhere near penzance

Whatever you did to the image, you've created some double arches in the fence at the middle foreground which is very distracting and makes it obvious that you have 'messed about' with the image.

absolutely correct...i wanted to take out those hoops and in the second presentation did a quick edit to the first and made a right mess..
cheers
geof

No, I'm in West London, but PZ is a frequent holiday destination for me.

we lived in Hampton Village for 4 years 1980-84
so one could say know a bit about that area
i am in Hayle now

Back