Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Any thoughts on the final 12?
Lots of cute images. No farming images.
Many many good photos - 42,000 of them!

Edit My Images
No
"Catchers in the Sky" lucky drone shot or composite?
J
Well, the rules AFAIK explicitly bar composite images though one a previous made me think it was one :(

But let's take as given that this entry is not one, would a flock of Oyster catchers stay in flying group near a drone? I wonder where that village is, could it be that there is a hill on which the Photographer was positioned? The apparent DoF (the village does seem quite sharp) so maybe a lucky shot during a landscape photography trip?

On the whole a pleasing set, will need to look again to choose and favourite(s).

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Are they available to see on-line?

Edit My Images
No
For me the poorest group of 12 in the competition for some time, the 'Catchers in the sky' stood out as different but for all the wrong reasons.
I found myself struggling a bit to fit some of the into the theme.

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
For me the poorest group of 12 in the competition for some time, the 'Catchers in the sky' stood out as different but for all the wrong reasons.
I found myself struggling a bit to fit some of the into the theme.
Exactly my thoughts too.

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
My criteria for choosing images for my own calendar is 'can I spend a whole month with this picture on my desk?' There are only a couple of that lot I could spend a month looking at without it bugging the hell out of me that something was wrong. Theme or no, tbh I've seen far better images on here. But then judging that type of competition is going to be very subjective, and with the number of entries the judges have to wade through surely they can't give more than a passing glance to each one? However, lots of people will buy the end result and it is for charity, so how much does it really matter?

OP
OP
Peter123
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
It’s like this every year. They give a brief and in the end most them are cute shots of wild animals and/or their young.
Crashing waves were different but how many images have we all seen like that.
Pleased an insect one made the final cut.

Edit My Images
No
I quite like them, I think they are generally better than the the last couple of years.