Critique Coupall falls - Buachaille Etive Mor

Great scene well composed and perfectly exposed as usual just a shame about the light, it seems a bit flat.

Oh and happy birthday

Reactions: ST4
Happy birthday mate, great view and composition it's the light that is the issue but you already know that.i did like one of your earlier shots of this area where the cloud obscured the summit

Nice shot steve not long on the exposure time.

Congratulations on being so young.

Well happy 30th then :). The weather is not very kind these days, which is a shame. I'd try a more square crop and open up the shadows, then make it BW.

Can create another version. I wanted a dark dingy shot of it to reflect just how crap, dark and dingy it is.

Square and bw is a good shout though, one for tomorrow

Nice shot Steve I was heading up there on wednesday in beautiful weather until I got to Tyndrum and the heavens opened

Not one of my favourites from you Steve, but still beautiful nonetheless.

Nice shot Steve I was heading up there on wednesday in beautiful weather until I got to Tyndrum and the heavens opened

Wednesday was the day to do it, early AM it should have been great. Ideally I'd have shot this, then, at 8am in golden light but I was getting a lift somewhere and this was an inpromptu stop.

Nice shot. I was up there on Wednesday at that exact spot at about 7.30am, covered in about 2 feet of snow.

I've been up there in much nicer weather and come away with images not even half as good as this!
With my limited skills, I'd be very happy with this.

I've been up there in much nicer weather and come away with images not even half as good as this!
With my limited skills, I'd be very happy with this.

The biggest problem was it was spitting and the rain was getting onto the grad filters (stacked a 2 stop and 3 stop soft edged nd grad then used a 3 stop nd to create an exposure scenario to give me 0.5secs of shutter speed). I wipped them down each time and took a few, but only 1/6 was clear enough of droplets to be useable.

Happy Belated Birthday mate! Really like the tones in this shot its great, Not your usual ETTR shot Steve;).
However I think its a cracker, certainly sets the scene very well and reflects the prevailing weather conditions nicely..... What we need is a Lens Umbrella to clip on the lens and cover the grads!
Love the way the cloud has slightly unsharpened the peak, and the exposure on the falls gives a lovely fan shaped display and nice movement in the water below the fall. Also I like the texture in the lichen covered rocks.
Nice work!

Oh right yes the whites in the water(y) OK i'll let you off then;) Nice work Steve!

Back