Couple churches in Birmingham

Name
Raj
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out for a quick couple snaps before it started raining.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

DSC_0002 by RajSohal, on Flickr

AND

DSC_0006 by RajSohal, on Flickr

Tried to sharpen this image up, was difficult to get a perfect focus as it was dark and as a result, ended up getting a fair amount of noise. Also used the exposure brush tool to bring out the church better.

Any tips to achieve a better image would be great. (ISO, fstop, shutter speed, etc)

Whats the light in the first pic, on the left, in the sky?

They're a bit too dark for me, doesnt show off the architecture of the buildings enough. The car spoils it in the 2nd image for me. Ive got a similar image at home with a 4x4 bang in the way, never been able to do anything with the image. i.e. crop it, would ruin it.

Leave it on ISO 100, longer exposure, tripod.

To get around the focus issue, whack the ISO right up so the AF works, let it focus, then switch off AF onto manual focus and away you go with the other settings :)
(I havent actually tried this, but it should work)

Whats the light in the first pic, on the left, in the sky?

They're a bit too dark for me, doesnt show off the architecture of the buildings enough. The car spoils it in the 2nd image for me. Ive got a similar image at home with a 4x4 bang in the way, never been able to do anything with the image. i.e. crop it, would ruin it.

Leave it on ISO 100, longer exposure, tripod.

To get around the focus issue, whack the ISO right up so the AF works, let it focus, then switch off AF onto manual focus and away you go with the other settings :)
(I havent actually tried this, but it should work)

Thank you for your response, yeah they are rather dark, the second one i tried to increase the exposure but it looked so unnatural so I just exposed the church itself and left the sky dark. Also lowered the vibrance a lot.

The car really does ruin it, couldn't do anything about it :crying: might just have to try my luck again next time.

What kind of aperture should I use for this kind of image? I had it at 8 Seconds and f3.5

I'll give that ISO trick a go, never thought about that.

Thanks!

Back