couple of candid shots from wedding

Under exposed fella ( too dark) and the maximum size for forum images is 1040 Pixels across the longest size :rules:

yours are over twice that- maybe a re-size is in order :D

Les (y)

Under exposed fella ( too dark) and the maximum size for forum images is 1040 Pixels across the longest size :rules:

yours are over twice that- maybe a re-size is in order :D

Les (y)

Agree with these being unexposed, and the 2nd one also looks like it has had way too much NR applied, it has gone very soft looking.

As Lez says, can you post the 1024 size please or these will be broken to links. Thanks.

I hadn't realised the size was so big as the forum had auto re-sized, it'll have to wait till later to change them.
I did have to use a bit of NR as I snapped it in P mode and the ISO was pretty high which created quite a bit of noise, even with the flash. It I adjust the exposure any more it may ruin the shots which would be a shame.
Maybe I'll try and re-do it and compare the shots on here

I am not sure how getting a correct exposure could ruin the shots? Serious question, because they just look dark and muddy at the moment, correct exposure would improve them immensely. Which sort of leads me to the next question, do they look correctly exposed on your screen?

There was already a lot of noise in the shot because it was on a dark dance floor and as I had it in P mode It took the shot at 640 ISO, as you know anything over 400 will then start to cause noise as the sensor gets hot . If I increase the exposure in Lightroom it will by nature add more noise to the image to get round this in the shot on here I used a NR filter and then used a portrait filter which had given it that soft look I guess, maybe I'll take off the portrait filter and adjust the levels again to see if I can keep it from softening too much without looking crap

There was already a lot of noise in the shot because it was on a dark dance floor and as I had it in P mode It took the shot at 640 ISO, as you know anything over 400 will then start to cause noise as the sensor gets hot . If I increase the exposure in Lightroom it will by nature add more noise to the image to get round this in the shot on here I used a NR filter and then used a portrait filter which had given it that soft look I guess, maybe I'll take off the portrait filter and adjust the levels again to see if I can keep it from softening too much without looking crap

Start with the original image and adjust the exposure first and foremost. There's no point in having an image with no noise if it ends up completely under exposed. I think the first shot has the potential to be a good image, it just needs corrected.

Generally you'll get more noise from an underexposed image than from a correctly exposed one at a higher ISO, you could experiment and see how your camera performs.

Back