Couple of Cotswold Churches

A nice pair Gramps the wall to the right on no 1 is a bit distracting but a nice shot none the less:)

A nice pair Gramps the wall to the right on no 1 is a bit distracting but a nice shot none the less:)

Thanks for commenting, I wasn't sure about the wall ... I though it might add to the framing but you may be right :)

I have relatives buried at Hailes Church, we visited a few years ago.

How interesting ... did you visit the abbey ruins when you were there?

first one is a great shot but i think i would of taken out the background tree sticking up on the left and added a touch of clarity to the church building.
No2 is lacking something, but i cant think what

I know what you mean about the bit of cypress above the yew but there are some things I don't edit out because I think it should be 'as-is' if you get me.
I might remove a bin or a post or something, even more if I think it is really important to the image but things like this I take the view that I am recording what was there.

If you find what's lacking in #2 let me know ... I promise I didn't remove it :D

As always gramps great shots and totally agree with you, what's there is there :)

Thanks for the kind comments Jeremy (y)

Not sure how you darkened the sky in #1, but there is a subtle halo round the trees which once seen cannot be unseen as it were.
It looks too fussy; try feathering the selection much more, or manually draw a selection more roughly above the trees then feather substantially.

Thanks for the observation 4wd, I didn't make any selection it was produced using HDR Efex Pro 2 so that probably accounts for the halo - needs a tweak back maybe :)

Back