B&W Couple of DARKROOM PRINTS -

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
YO !! Felt well enough to set up darkroom gear and get rid of some ''Old Paper' at last ! I have shown my 'Night Photos of Brentwood' here as NEG SCANS so will not 'double up ' to show the scanned prints but here are a couple from EDINBURGH on some 10x8" Kentmere Fineprint VC Satin surface from my 1965 Leica M2 with Agfa APX 400 film processed in home-made ID 11 formula . Enlarger was my DURST M305 + El-Nikkor 50mm f4 lens, and I used my home-made Print Developer made up to Geoffrey Crawley's Formula 1+4.
FADU 01.jpgFADU 02.jpg

Which of Crawley's developer are you referring to Pete? Looking at my new coucil tax and energy bills I need to get the best 'bang per buck' for my photographic expenditure and this might be another opportunity to save a few bob out of my pension. :)

I have now tried E72 Paper Developer -- cheap and keeps very well for intermittent use --- as proposed by pictorialplanet on you tube John Finch

Sodium Sulphite anhydrous 45 gms
PHENIDONE 0.3 gm
OR use a 1% Solution in Propylene Glycol
DISSOLVE a PINCH of the SULPHITE FIRST then the PHENIDONE
Ascorbic Acid 19 gms
Potassium Bromide 1.9 gms
Sodium Carbonate anhyd 77 gms
WATER TO 1 Litre

DILUTE 1+3 for Normal Contrast

CRAWLEY'S Paper Developer
Sodium Sulphite anhydrous 50 gms
Sodium Carbonate anhydrous 60 gms
Hydroquinone 12 gms
PHENIDONE 0.5 gm
Potassium Bromide 2 gms
Benzotriazlole 1% Solution 20 mls
( Dissolve 1 gm in 100mls of near Boiling Water)
WATER to make 1 LITRE
Dilute 1+ 4 for use

I like them, Pete. I especially like the shadow detail on the wall (1st photo) as the grain makes it look more textured.

Good to see you've been back in the darkroom Pete and I'm pleased to see the old paper is standing up well.

I especially like the first image and the girl's shadow. Such a simple part yet it grabbed my attention and made me examine the print in detail.

Last edited:
Back