Couple of Days in the Mach Loop with rain and bad light

honestly mate its a ten minute job to get to the shelf.with regards to scanner freqs join www.fox2.co.uk as they have a extensive list on there.met andy s from there last week and joined the site.very recommended.hope you have a good day.

honestly mate its a ten minute job to get to the shelf.with regards to scanner freqs join www.fox2.co.uk as they have a extensive list on there.met andy s from there last week and joined the site.very recommended.hope you have a good day.

thanks
ill let you know tomorrow how i get on
thanks again

thanks
ill let you know tomorrow how i get on
thanks again

Bwlch Car park was empty at 8.30 this morning, but packed to the rafters when we drove past again at 4.30 (There were a good 20 people and a couple of dogs up there!)

We Did West and were there from 9am, it was very quiet, 1 hawk did a couple of runs early on, and 2 F15s through about 11 but the light was still iffy on the west side, 1 more hawk at 2pm

We left at 4pm as the sprog was getting too hot (Not taking her again!) and sods law a Harrier shot over as we reached the car park, followed by a couple more Hawks in great light as we passed the Bwlch Car Park!

Take some sunscreen we got a good burning today (Makes a change from Rust and Frostbite!!)

the first time i went to the bwlch i was fannying around in the carpark and was jumped by 2 f15d`s!!.if i had just got on with getting up there i would have got them.hindsights 20-20 though isn`t it.

should i stay at bwlch all day. don't fancy coming down and climbing another hill later, i know some some locations say its better in morning or afternoon
what time do they start flying and roughly what time till.

should i stay at bwlch all day. don't fancy coming down and climbing another hill later, i know some some locations say its better in morning or afternoon
what time do they start flying and roughly what time till.

I would not try 2 in 1 day, but I am fat and unfit and climbing one nearly kills me!!!

Personally I did not like the light at West till about 1pm, before that apart from the approach its straight into the sun, Bwlch seems to be better poistioned for the light (Think I am going to try the middle shelf there next time), (Hope the weather holds through next week as I might risk another trip after the weekend)..

i think if your only having one day there,make the decision and then stick with it.i like the way the jets approach you at the bwlch though

I would not try 2 in 1 day, but I am fat and unfit and climbing one nearly kills me!!!

Personally I did not like the light at West till about 1pm, before that apart from the approach its straight into the sun, Bwlch seems to be better poistioned for the light (Think I am going to try the middle shelf there next time), (Hope the weather holds through next week as I might risk another trip after the weekend)..

i prefer the middle shelf as well

Cad east/west is the only sunny day location you can't do all day at (well, and the spur but not many know that location)

West is pants in the morning, east pants in afternoon

Bwlch is ok for light all day.

Settings, I use shutter priority, evaluative metering and + 1/3rd exp (only if using ISO 400+)

Times...god knows, had carparking at 0830 and been in the pub in Dinas at midnight when a herc came over...likewise been carparked by a typhoon at 1930Hrs so stay as long as the light's there.

My normal plan is summer time, arrive 0800hrs, aim to stay till 1930hrs....just depends how much you've got to do/how far to drive etc

Walk up west and middle shelf is about the same, west is easy for 7 mins along the flat(ish) then real tough up the fence, bwlch is tough all the way up, then 7 mins of easy cutting across...

Most of all, follow the countryside code, PICK UP ANY/ALL LITTER (inc fag butts), prepare for the worst weather (it can go from no wind 20d and sun to 20mph wind no sun and baltic in 15 mins) and ENJOY IT

Charlie

Back