(Couple of Dunnocks & a Willow Tit)UPDATED

Name
William(friends Call Me Bill)
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on Cannock Chase,not sure about the crops.

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG

IMG_1749.JPG

Dunnock24.JPG

Dunnock7.JPG

Willow_Tit1.JPG

Last edited:
The Willow Tit is a lovely image, the Dunnocks are too tightly cropped for my taste, they need just a little more room (y)

Thanks,Rob & Martyn,I'm finding cropping difficult the originals have plenty of room so It's down to my lack of cropping skills.

Thanks,Rob & Martyn,I'm finding cropping difficult the originals have plenty of room so It's down to my lack of cropping skills.

I used to be like that cropping to tight until advice on here stopped me (y)

the willow is a stunner imo :clap:

william, willow tit is my fav but as said choice of crops hasn't done it justice.

Where were these taken, you seem to have good luck with the willows.

Agree with above comments on the crops but the willow tit is a stunner

william, willow tit is my fav but as said choice of crops hasn't done it justice.

Where were these taken, you seem to have good luck with the willows.

Thanks,Everyone,Fridas grave Dan.

Thanks again Kaz.

Basically what Kaz said, you always want space in the image for the bird to look, fly or swim into, and you do not want much space for it to reverse into (y)

Taking you initial Willow Tit shot, if you cropped that 7 x 5 rather than square, but keep the left hand edge in the same place as on your square crop you will have about the right amount of space behind the bird, and a nice amount in front of it to look into.

Have a look at the one I posted the other day HERE to see what I mean.

I'm going to agree with whats been said so far, the Willow tit really is a nice shot, and the comments about cropping are spot on, especially the advice from Kaz and Martyn. Some good work here William (y)

Back