Couple of Recent Shots

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Hey,

Heres a couple of recent photos from my local haunts.

Harbour-SlipwayM.jpg

Taken with my Mamiya 645 - 45mm F2.8 - Fuji Velvia 50 - 10min exposure at F16 - Unfiltered

Northlanding-Sunrise1-1.jpg

Taken at Northlanding Bay (Flamborough head, East Yorkshire) with my Nikon D70 - 10-20mm Sigma (at 17mm) - ISO200 - F16 - 8 second exposure - Lee ND Grads Filters

Scarborough-North-Bay-Sunri.jpg

Taken at Scarboroughs' North Bay with my Nikon D70 - 10-20mm (at 15mm) - ISO200 - F16 - 15 Second Exposure - Lee ND Grad Filter

Thanks for looking,

Matt Harper.

So 10 minutes at f16 - that first one is a night shot...that looks like daytime with odd colours :) . Well executed. That sea wall /ramp seems a bit too dominant - wonder if it would have worked better with less wall and more town in the distance?

like the composition and calm warmth in #2. #3 is the sort of shot a lot of people seem to like...but I don't.

Personally I am not too keen on the first one - it isn't immediately obvious that it's a night exposure so just looks as though the colour is a bit off. The 2nd shot is very nice, but for me it is the 3rd one that is a winner (I am one of the lot of people ;) ). I think the colours are beatiful, the silky smooth sea and the sky look great and the composition is really nice - leads my eye through the photo.

I can't be doing with that green looking cast on the first one Matt - very odd! :puke:

2nd shot is really nice and my favourite.

The last one is spoiled for me by too much smoothing on the water - it looks like an ice rink.

The first for me is a really nice shot, but the tint is a little anoying. The second is so close to being spot on... the rock in the very bottom right is distracting. The last however, I cant fault. Love it!

Back