Critique Couple Of Shots Glastonbury Carnival

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been looking at these on flickr....I like them a lot, having been to the carnival several times you have captured the vibrant colourful spectacle that it is perfectly imo, great exposure too

Having lived near Bridgwater for 25 years or so and going to the carnival most years (though not been since 2008), these really do look great, especially the Gremlins cart on Flickr! (y) I tried, and failed, many times to get some decent shots....although in my defence, I was only using a small point & shoot at the time!! :) I'm glad you had a good time.....I have talked to many people about the carnival and most say, 'Yeah, sounds good. Lots of people walking in fancy dress, is it?' I do my best to try to explain it to those who haven't seen it.....but you just have to experience the sights, sounds and atmosphere yourself to fully appreciate it! An added bonus at Bridgwater is the 'Squibbing' in the High Street after the parade
....if you watch it, don't wear an expensive coat!!

Thanks Caroline @CarolineS shame we didnt get to meet up, it was fabulous deffo going back next year, the amount of work and time that must have gone into making the floats they were all amazing, we loved every minute of the whole carnival, maybe next year we can plan a meet up (y)

Cracking work Dave, looks like you had a really good time down there and that it's a fun event (y) hard to photograph though as there is so much going on as these photos are testament to

Cracking work Dave, looks like you had a really good time down there and that it's a fun event (y) hard to photograph though as there is so much going on as these photos are testament to

Thanks very much Matt, Im happy with those shots as you say it was busy the procession lasted 3 hrs mainly concentrated on portrait shots but also got longer shots of the fabulous floats, think I should have put them in People and Portraits really

Never heard of Glastonbury Carnival but these are great and I know from experience that taking good photos at busy public events as a normal punter (ie: no press pass etc) is not easy at all. #1 is my fave of the three.

I have been several times to this great event, and you have captured it perfectly.

Very nice set Dave- I live 20 miles from Glastonbury, never been to the Carnival - we do have one here in Taunton which is spectacular - I tend NOT to take my camera as its far too crowded, maybe next year though.......

Les ;)

That first image is a cracker - lighting and composition are bang on.
Weather was great this year and people down my local pub enjoyed the carnival, shame I was away. But it's probably a good thing to miss the occasional year :)

Nice captures, Dave. Having been born and raised in Somerset (although I've lived up here for as long as I lived down there) these bring back great memories. My family still live down there so I get to see it fairly regularly but I've missed it for a couple of years.

I'm glad you had a good time.....I have talked to many people about the carnival and most say, 'Yeah, sounds good. Lots of people walking in fancy dress, is it?' I do my best to try to explain it to those who haven't seen it.....but you just have to experience the sights, sounds and atmosphere yourself to fully appreciate it!

You're absolutely right, it's a fantastic event and free!!..................unless you've got kids in which case you'll have spent £50 on twirly lights and glow sticks.

My Uncle is a member of one of the carnival clubs and they start designing and working on the next years floats almost as soon as the season finishes. The amount of work they put into it is incredible.

Hi

A Couple Of Shots Glastonbury Carnival, we had a fab time it was awesome, never seen anything like it before, what do you think?

Great colour saturation, and obviously and very high impact event---Really good set Dave

IMG_2586 Man Portrait Glastonbury Carnival Somerset-2013
by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

IMG_2536 Man Portrait Glastonbury Carnival Somerset-2013

IMG_2496-Poppy Appeal Glastonbury Carnival Somerset-2013

Dave

Back