Couple shoot

Name
Carl Davis
Edit My Images
Yes
Im not shooting as much at the moment but here are a few shots of friends.

1031974744_J2mFH-L.jpg

1031983078_nPEWG-L.jpg

1032009824_KecLW-L.jpg

1032020363_7yfAV-L.jpg

1032056272_6xN2x-L.jpg

1032059970_yda7o-L.jpg

great shots. thought no.3 was a bit weak (the guy looks like he's about to cry) but the rest are really very good.

Stunning, No. 4 & 5 are my favourites; the lighting and colouring are spot on IMO.

No 1 (I think) would have been better if she'd been turned slightly towards camera. This however, is a small point. The images are truely excellent. N05 is my fav - what's the setup?

These leave me kind of confused Carl. When I saw the title I was expecting some lovey dovey type images which isn't something I'd normally associate you with and surprisingly I didn't get any of what I was expecting. As usual your lighting and PP is excellent and there's too many images to crit fully (not that I can ever really find much of yours to crit) so I'll just give you some random musings.

1)I find this a strangely compelling/powerful photo. I'm not sure if it's just because of the contradiction to the others or if it would still have the same effect on its own. The others are much more obviously shots I'd associate with a studio or a location shoot but there's something about the way you've placed her in the corner of a room on her own that almost disturbs me. Brilliant.

4&9)Just straight up beatufil images.

5)Contemplative(y)

7) The only one I'd think about editing. I'd be tempted to see what it looks like without the corner of the room coming out of her head. For some reason in this photo the join of the two walls is white (perhaps a reflection of the light) where as in the rest it is fairly dark and because of this it bugs me a bit. My only concern would be that if I removed that would it be odd because I can still see the corner of the room in the line of the skirting board? Dunno:shrug:

The colours are brilliant in every photo, who'd have thought that purple and peachy orange would go together? I'd have thought it would have been a disaster if I hadn't seen it for myself. Your friends are obviously naturals in front of the camera, wish I had friends like that.

Surely you've got one photo of them smiling at each other though haven't you?;)

#4, #5 and #8 are outstanding, the others merely excellent. Good poses help but the lighting looks to be spot on.

#7 looks uncomfortable and in #3 the pose looks a bit strained, but I am being picky here.

thanks again everyone :)

Kev I love negative space so I quite often try and move people to the side :)

I know what is ment about 7, Ive got some similar so I will look into those at some point, still got more to edit from the shoot at some point.

Thanks again

No.6 is the pick of the bunch for me. They all have wonderful lighting and colours.

thanks gary, its mad to think I had that couple, another couple, myself and 2 kids in my studio at the time I took these, my studio is a single garage. it was fun moving bits about.

Back