Couple Stacks

Some really good shots there very well done. How are you holding your subjects in place whilst you photograph them. I've been having a go by using insect pins and a cheap 3rd hand clamp which is a bit fiddly. I suppose photos like these are probably always going to be fiddly though.
A photo of your setup would be good to see as I'm sure it would inspire a few others to give it a go.

Some really good shots there very well done. How are you holding your subjects in place whilst you photograph them. I've been having a go by using insect pins and a cheap 3rd hand clamp which is a bit fiddly. I suppose photos like these are probably always going to be fiddly though.
A photo of your setup would be good to see as I'm sure it would inspire a few others to give it a go.

Thanks a lot :) I just used the same as you to hold them with a sewing needle into the insect. It is fiddly but with my set up most of it is lol
I would post my set up but I have just the other day sold the sigma 105mm lens and raynox 250 that I used for these. You can get really good results with them but I have fell in love with the mp-e 65mm and would like to shoot smaller insects so the money is going towards that lens. Hope to get one in the next couple weeks and then see what I can achieve with it.

Last edited:
John, these are all superb. I've been thinking of getting a rail and giving it a go myself but not got round to it. Seeing what you've done here has inspired me enough to start looking for one, and maybe a Raynox as well if I can find one.

Just been shocked at the 'low' price of a Raynox 250 and macro rail I've just seen on ebay. At around £65 for the pair I will definitely be ordering these soon. Would of had them today but I've just ordered a Vanguard Hard Case that took all my budget for now. What a bummer!

Last edited:
John, these are all superb. I've been thinking of getting a rail and giving it a go myself but not got round to it. Seeing what you've done here has inspired me enough to start looking for one, and maybe a Raynox as well if I can find one.

Just been shocked at the 'low' price of a Raynox 250 and macro rail I've just seen on ebay. At around £65 for the pair I will definitely be ordering these soon. Would of had them today but I've just ordered a Vanguard Hard Case that took all my budget for now. What a bummer!

Cool, I paid about the same myself. Its great to hear that something Ive done has inspired someone to give it a try. Think its such a massive compliment and really appreciate it, thank you.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing the shots.

Back