Courses for beginners in the north east

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know of a good beginners course in the north east?
Thanks for any help.

Post on how you find the course mate, as ive been thinking about the same 1.

I went to a couple of DSLR starter courses run by www.photobarntraining.co.uk They have courses for all aspects of photography depending on what route you plan to follow. Once you have been to a course and get on the mailing list when he has places to fill on any course he will email you and offer a good last minute deal.

Newcastle college run courses and I know of a photo editing course in Pelton at Chester le street, Durham.

I had a good day at the course today. I learned a lot and came away much wiser.
I now understand the histogram and I am competent shooting on manual which is exactly why I went.

All in all a well run and informative course.

I now understand the histogram and I am competent shooting on manual which is exactly why I went.

Great stuff, sounds like a very productive day

North East of Where?

Glad you enjoyed it, I certainly got plenty out of it when I did it. I'm thinking about doing the intermediate course now but can't make the next scheduled one on Saturday 14th April.

Hopefully they will put another one on later in the year.

I'm from the NE area too and also looking into what courses are available. I had looked at those courses as well as a few which are ran out of Seaham hall. I decided to opt for a 10 week course Sunderland college are running as a start next month and then I may look at one of these down the line. Good to here they were productive as I had struggled to find reviews on them.

I'm from the NE area too and also looking into what courses are available. I had looked at those courses as well as a few which are ran out of Seaham hall. I decided to opt for a 10 week course Sunderland college are running as a start next month and then I may look at one of these down the line. Good to here they were productive as I had struggled to find reviews on them.

Although it was certainly productive I think my preference would be to try to opt for college courses spread over a number of weeks as it gives you chance to take it in a bit at a time and practice before you need to take something else in. One day course are good but it’s a lot to take on board in one go. The main reason I went for a one day course was that my job doesn’t allow me to attend evening classes.

Good luck with the course.

steveoh said:
@the local jacko. Is that a night class?

Its called Introduction to photography. There's two sessions both on a Wednesday evening at the Shiney Row campus. There is 4.30-6.30 or 7-9. You can obviously choose which one you enrol on. It's a 10 week course starts 25th April and is £40 fee.

Back