Court/police stuff

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
In August I had the balls to stand up to my drug dealing neighbour who had been terrorising the area for about a year.

The police came and I was arrested, locked up for the night, then released and fined £80 for being 'drunk and disorderly'.

Was I drunk? Yes. Was I disorderly? Well, I swore repeatedly in the presence of police officers. Apparently thats a 'yes'.

I appealed against the fine. Everybody in the street was outraged that I'd been fined in the first place. I'd only done what others wished they'd had the courage to do.

Some residents wrote letters to the court claiming I must have received the utmost provokation in order to react the way I did - some of the residents I've known for 20 years even though I've only lived on this street for six months.

The court read my two-page statement of mitigation and listened to me tell them that they guy who effectively caused the disturbance I was arrested for, is basically a waste of oxygen.

End result - they gave me a six month conditional discharge, based on my statement, my guilty plea, and the two statements that neighbours had written for me. I also mentioned that all three police statements were 99% identical and objected to them being used as evidence.

Its restored a little faith in the British justice system if nothing else.

Happy days. Time for a minor celebration.

a small victory, but a victory nevertheless!

a small victory, but a victory nevertheless!

Agreed - atleast your friends stood by you, these days soo many get intimidated and back down to soon (y)

Interseting that only in the UK do you get busted for doing what the police can't be bothered or are afraid to do. Were you branded vigilanty, they don't like you taking the law into your own hands even if they can't be arsed themselves.

you need to go get p***ed right now :D

Drug dealer is 39. He's currently in prison for breaking the terms of a conditional discharge for a driving offence in March. He's also just been sentenced to 2 months for 3 drugs charges, plus a further 2 months for threatening to break into my house with an axe.

you need to go get p***ed right now
working on it ;)

Glad you got won that fight (in court). (y)

Nice one - more people who are willing to stand up for their beliefs are needed in this world.

Just be careful.. it's still a conviction and if you should fall foul again in the next 6 months you get sentenced for that original offence as well as whatever fresh offence you might be up for. All they're doing is deferring sentence conditional upon you being a good lad for the next 6 months, after which you're in the clear. :)

What are you going to do when he gets out ...:shrug: :crying: :puke:

We made the decision some time ago that if they haven't been evicted* by January, we're moving. I aint scared of the little drop-kick. I just can't be doing with the hassle. I want a quiet life.

* apparently they haven't paid any rent since they moved in a year ago, and their landlord is taking the matter to court to get them out. We were told they'd be out by the end of November. :thinking:

hope it all works out for you mate .. if not theres always :bat:
:nono: hopefully he will be moved on .

Hope it all works out for you.

Shame about the conditional discharge though, but my hat goes off to you for standing up to the neighbourhood scum. (y) :clap:

Back