Cousins

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Another shot with the new 50mm 1.4 USM on my 5D.

My grandson is on the left and is 4 months old.

Thanks for viewing.

95505471.jpg

It IS nice and clear.. but there is something about having the light coming up from under their faces that looks a bit odd, and it casts a shadow above their heads.

I think a nice one-coloured background might look nice.. as the current one is very busy with their stripey tops and what not.

Lovely looking chaps though(y)

great shot, one to keep. However as Janice says the light is coming from the bottom not the top, which would be more natural

Thanks for comments.
I should have said that this was available light coming in the window.
Just a quick shot for their parents who were about to leave after a visit.

It IS nice and clear.. but there is something about having the light coming up from under their faces that looks a bit odd, and it casts a shadow above their heads.

I think a nice one-coloured background might look nice.. as the current one is very busy with their stripey tops and what not.

Lovely looking chaps though(y)

As above, the light's too harsh and coming from underneath which might be a good look for pantomime baddiers but not babies! Also the background is busier than Piccadilly Circus at rush hour after a bomb scare in Trafalgar Square. Not good.

Again thanks for comments but I ask you to remember that this was not a portrait sitting
but rather a quick shot of the two lads taken where they had been plonked.
The parents wanted a shot and I wanted to test out this lens.
Mission accomplished .. they are delighted with the prints and I'm over the moon with this Canon beauty.
I will not be afraid to use this lens on a paid assignment now. The speed and sharpness is self evident.
It's good to test and experiment before a sympathetic audience.
All the best.

Back