CPL for canon 10-18mm

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
having just got back from hols where we had some seriously great weather i did find with the 10-18 at times it was a bit of struggle to overcome the effects of blown skies or water reflections.

budget from the hols has been blown out the water so dont have much to spend ( sub £20 ) . the 10-18mm canon has a 67mm filter thread and ive seen a thread on here linking to an ebay CPL that several people have purchased and are happy with. However the filter looks quite thick and im worring about vignetting so really im probably going to need a slim /ultra slim filter.
Hoya is out of price range ( Kenko may be inside ).
i can also pick up a Jacobs ( black box version ) for £12 but no nothing about them ( other than they do a blue and black box and the black box are the "pro" versions.

also seen some HAMA ones pretty cheap but they again look to thick.

also seen the Kood ones that come in ultraslim but can find very little info on them.
i know there are plenty of very cheap "unbranded " ones that can be got for under a tenner and i know i could easily pay £200+ for one as well but for now just looking for somethign realtively cheap thats not going to make a total pigs ear of images and cause lots of vignetting and have me end up throwing the thing into the sea!

just measured my cheapo one from that thread, its 6mm tall
you could go for a step up ring and a 72 or 77 filter, or cokin p and wide angle holder

i'm looking for a polarizer on the 10-18mm as well.
I've just bought the 10-18mm lens too. I've ordered a haida 77mm nd10 filter as I've fancied trying it out, along with a 67-77mm stepping ring to cover any other lens.
as I have that ring, would I be better getting a polarizer in 77mm, or 67mm.
will I get vignetting from a stepping ring and the 77mm polarizer, or safer to get a 67mm slim polarizer.

ive just picked up the jacobs Polarizer for my 10-18. its the ultra slim one and no vignetting even at 10mm and only cost £12 for thr 67mm and works a treat. i can pm you the sellers details as he has plenty of them if you want

thanks Phil.

I remember the camidox nd filter thread of yours now you posted that link, I just got the haida tho as I couldn't remember when I was in a position to buy

For the OP, be very careful with a polariser on wide angles, at the short end you will probably see significant differences in the colour of the skies. Still good for cutting reflections in glass or water though.

Back