CR2 and Photomatrix Pro 3.0

Edit My Images
Yes
Whenever I import a CR2 into Photomatrix, it turns to pink/purple and doesn't HDR anything. Any ideas?

Whenever I import a CR2 into Photomatrix, it turns to pink/purple and doesn't HDR anything. Any ideas?

Can't help but my friend had the same problem so you're not alone! If no one here knows the answer, I'll ask him tonight how he sorted it.

I think it's just a case of upgrading Photomatix (not matrix :LOL:)

Raw files from each camera are different (even if they have the same file extension) so it takes a little while for newer camera files to work properly in third party software.

Long winded solution would be to open the raw file in your raw processor (Adobe Camera Raw maybe?) and set the varying exposure levels, save each exposure as Tiff, and then load the tiffs into Photomatix and tonemap that way, it usually gives better results too. I find that it's more like working with properly bracketed images rather than letting Photomatix decompose the Raw file itself.

I think it's just a case of upgrading Photomatix (not matrix :LOL:)

Raw files from each camera are different (even if they have the same file extension) so it takes a little while for newer camera files to work properly in third party software.

Long winded solution would be to open the raw file in your raw processor (Adobe Camera Raw maybe?) and set the varying exposure levels, save each exposure as Tiff, and then load the tiffs into Photomatix and tonemap that way, it usually gives better results too. I find that it's more like working with properly bracketed images rather than letting Photomatix decompose the Raw file itself.
Yeah, I do that anyway.

What's the latest version of Photomatix?

3.1.3 is the latest I can find (thats what I have) and that works fine with CR2 from a 450d. Wayne

Cool -- the latest version resolved my problem. Thanks guys! I'm very happy now.

Back