Cracked face

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
If she smiled she would crack her face, my moody friend taken New Years Eve

FiEdit1.jpg

eek, she looks really mad - was that the pose or was she generally in a bad mood?

Love the way the hair fades to black on her left hand side.

Again, did you put the black background in?

I'm liking that quite a lot. A great level of intensity going on there and a good blend of subject, mood, look and process.

I like the strong light fall off. Brings realy intensity to the shot. I wonder if a crop to the right of her face would enhance the shot and give it even more of an edge?

no its a black backdrop, with 2percent selective black used in PP to hide any creases. Heres another moody one, she looks quite scary here.

PortraitGalleryFinal3.jpg

Crickey she is indeed mad at somebody!!!

(Emma - your avatar, is this the same person - is this a friend or you :p) :D

Mmmmm, that second shot is the better of the two for me. I know some folks will find the further eye being the sharp one a little uncomfortable but in shot like that, it's great.

Great great look there, scary, intense, intimidating and utterly gorgeous. (y)

Vinny its the same person, we spent a good hour early hours of new years day taking portraits, she didnt like any of them!!! Miserable cow! Here is the one in the Avatar.

She wasnt really mad, I talked her into looking mad, got tired of 'look at the lens and smile'

PortraitGallery1Final.jpg

I really really like that last image - eyes great and the b&w certainly works - great crop! (y)

(PS - well done for being mad early hours of New Years day - I was just very happy - well, happily drunk anyway! lol!)

Definitely the last shot for me Emma, very nicely controlled lighting & post processing - there is some fabric residue off to the side of the image (the left) though that I find a bit distracting. Aside from that minor niggle it's a very nicely captured portrait (y)

liking that last one (full size of the avatar), but its really intense if you crop it across a bit below the chin (about same height of black as the thickness of the lips), it then loses the distraction of the scarf and faint black jacket against the black background

Thanks for all your comments, will certainly go back and relook at them all regarding crops et al.

I like the last (avatar) one. I like the detail in the hair and the scarf, I also like the eye contact. I know you're not supposed to comment on the model but i think she is a nice looking girl, and that helps. I think the crops are very good in No's 2 and 3. Can I ask if you cropped No3 to exclude the 'dimple/recess' in the chin?

No not at all, I cropped No3 and many others, purely because they were asking for something different and quirky, I have 50 pics of her from that shoot, and its difficult to be inventive with just head and shoulders, so a handful were cropped, quite radically. as below
FiEdit2.jpg

FiEdit3.jpg

That last picture is awesome. Love the eyes and the details. In fact, its the only picture that makes your friend look "approachable" !! lol and is superb (y)

Thanks for the time you put into this thread, as a result I have recropped a couple of them. Vinny I told her you think she is almost approachable, she said ' you might want to keep an eye on your Bunny'!

Edit Marky its really the only way that last photo would have worked, the shape of her face and jawline could not pull off the pose I got her in, was a shame to waste a picture, so I chopped it! Here is the one I did full face version of the avatar in colour, it looks like a completely different photograph, I dont like it.#

DSC_0030copy-1.jpg

Back