Edit My Images
No
45645956675_ab29cb0e59_b.jpg

From the Shadows
by Mark Boadey
Fujifilm X-T3, XF10-24mmF4 R OIS@10.0 mm, f14.0, 40s, ISO160

Reactions: Doc
Evening Mark,

I like the sky and composition but think the shadows of the land mass and building could do with lifting but not too much as it's back lit. At the moment it feels a bit lost between being a silhouette and under exposure, I'd clone out the telegraph wires if it were mine too.

James

Apologies if it's my old eyes Mark, but it doesn't look like any of it is in focus, just a tiny bit off.

Was there any wind about and the tripod shook a bit as I see it's a 40 second exposure?

Thanks James. Regarding the wires, it did cross my mind but honestly I couldn't be arsed [emoji38] may try at a later date.

I'll see how it looks with the shadows lifted a touch.
Evening Mark,

I like the sky and composition but think the shadows of the land mass and building could do with lifting but not too much as it's back lit. At the moment it feels a bit lost between being a silhouette and under exposure, I'd clone out the telegraph wires if it were mine too.

James

Apologies if it's my old eyes Mark, but it doesn't look like any of it is in focus, just a tiny bit off.

Was there any wind about and the tripod shook a bit as I see it's a 40 second exposure?
Cheers Ian,
It's not your old eye's. I did focus on that rock but even though there was no wind the tide was still coming in and lapping over it so I think that and the tripod being in the water has done that. Also the Fuji 10-24 is a little soft around the edges at the wider end.

Interesting comments. I like the semi-silhouette of the land and buildings, but would probably crop out the foreground rock because it fights with the house for attention and because of the blurring in the water. For me, foreground stuff either has to be pin-sharp or smoothly blurred.

Last edited:
Back