Craigellachie Bridge, Scotland

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this a couple of weeks ago, have just got round to posting it. Have had good feedback from friends but thought it was about time to get some expert views

C+C most welcome

2281604771_584d8848cf_o.jpg

cheers for looking

My dad works just round the corner from that bridge. Number of times I've seen it and wondered about how to get a pic from it is ridiculous. Well captured, the snow makes it for me:)

Thanks Dod, have had a few goes at this place but this definitely my best effort so far......thanks for the comment

Heading up to the Craigellachie hotel at the end of March for a few days. If I can capture that bridge half s good as you have. I'll be happy. Nice one!

Nice. Built by Thomas Telford. Story goes that the local Ghillie said to TT, "You ain't building that bridge high enough. I have seen water come that high when the river is in spate." This was despite several surveys by visiting engineers.

To TT's credit, he listened, lifted it by a bit (sorry can't remember measurement) and it has survived to this day. Had he gone as originally planned it would not be herefor you to take this fine pic.

Full of useless information me! :D

(y)

I like the composition, the snow works well...

the shot does look a little soft though - did you use F3.5 for the shot, if so a smaller aperture would have helped front to back focus ?

simon

Thanks for the comments, always good to get such constructive comments, I think I did use a wide aperture, cant check as am at work but gives me thoughts for next time....thanks again..

Back